Sansui UK?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Gone... all gone, we are currently selling these off, so a great time for a festive bargain, but sadly they are no more from what we can tell.

T

the record spot

Hi Fi World rated their streamer last year - it won their 2012 award. Thought the mini system they out looked the business too. A shame indeed.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
There has been a copyright issue between Sansui UK and Sansui Singapore. We (Henley Designs) have decided that this is not a battle that we wish to be part of and are making the move to clear our stocks.

We, as always, will honour any outstanding warranty (Frank Harvey know this!!) and our post sales support will continue as normal.

matthewpiano

Oh dear! Sounds a bit complex but a response (regarding warranty ) that I would have expected from such an honourable company as Henley. Thanks for the clarification which I'm sure will put owners of Sansui equipment at ease.

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Henley designs this morning, regarding warranty, hence the reply you got on here... I was considering trying the Sansui network streamer, as at the current price of £175 seems a bit of a bargain. Has anyone tried it?

Demig

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got the network player, lovely bit of kit and great instructions. Disappointed to see this news here though. The only problems I have are that I just can't get it to give me an access code for silicon radio or get it to get podcasts. Tried looking for support but obviously found none. I suspect this functionality is probably unavailable as it network times out but internet radio etc all works. Probably looking for a server that isn't available I suspect :(

The most annoying thing is the iPhone app libretto which prompts for a pin but has no way of entering it. Not likely to see this sorted which is a real shame as with a big library a GUI remote would be great. Can't be too disappointed for the price though.

iain

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Iain,

Does it manage to play FLAC files without any issues? Have been looking at this player for a while, mainly for playing music from USB stick.

Thanks

Shaun

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been giving serious consideration to the CDD201 which is going new for just under £100 at most retailers. This seems a really good deal for presumably a good product. Anyone got experience of said player?

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I managed to get the Access code for the on line portal that is loaded on the machine via settings. However, like you no joy with the I Phone app which is really frustrating.

Paul

Demig

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Not tried FLAC yet as been out for a crisp Boxing Day walk! Will give it a try later and report back. Still having access code issues!

iain

Demig

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
FLAC seems to be working ok and I have now got an access code however silicon internet radio portal tells me it's not valid :(

edit: that's working it seems the silicon radio portal is suffering a few problems today. Also I now have a working libretto having dug out an old iPod touch 2g . Looks like the pin code popup doesn't work on ios7, it doeson ios4. This certainly adds a lot of desired functionality

Demig

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds pretty good to be honest, house has been a bit noisy over the holidays so not that easy to tell yet. Will report back when I've had some quality listening time!

Iain

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I tend to use FLAC, which is mostly CD converted via db poweramp - these actually sound quite good, to be honest, when streamed, so you should be OK with the Sansui when using FLAC files.

matthewpiano

Great to see that the products are going to continue to be developed under a new name. Hopefully this also gives some confidence to those who have purchased the Sansui branded stuff.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/new-british-hi-fi-brand-mitchell-and-johnson-to-launch-internationally-at-ces-2014#comment-2917343

http://www.mitchellandjohnson.com/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts