Samsung, Very Poor Customer Care

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Write to your retailer from where you bought the TV, with a copy to Samsung UK, stating that you're rejecting the TV under Sale of Goods Act 1979 as it's not fit for purpose. Explain the issues and demand a full refund. It's your retailer who's responsible and not Samsung but send to both via recorded delivery.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Because you bought the tv directly from Samsung, that could make things a little harder, but you've paid a lot of money for something that doesn't work properly, so be polite, but strong.

There are obviously problems with this tv, but there can't be problems with all of them. If I was you, I would ring the Samsung store you bought it from, explain what is happening, and that you are not at all happy, and tell them (not ask) that you want a replacement. Make it clear that you expect the replacement to work as it should, and if it doesn't, you will be demanding a refund.

Always be polite, but never back down.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Because you bought the tv directly from Samsung, that could make things a little harder, but you've paid a lot of money for something that doesn't work properly, so be polite, but strong.

The TV was bought from Samsung store in Stratford, not directly from Samsung online. Regardless, I can't see why it should make things harder. If anything, it should be easier to resolve the issue.

clown

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
I dealt with samsung only once phoned them up over broken camera zoom lens. they were superb dealt promptly sent me out packaging including free postage. And said we will return camera within 2 days of receiving it.and yep I got camera back in full working order I can't recommend their service enough they were great.hope you get things soughted out.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Another positive experience here with Samsung.

Got to say I received absolutely superb customer service when I had an issue with the screen on my 55F8000 TV. I rang customer services and within 6 days a brand new replacement screen was fitted to my TV at my home, no sending it away for 4 weeks and being without a TV and the service I received was simply 1st class and couldn't be faulted. I was contacted by phone with regular updates and the company that carried out the repair were outstanding and extremely professional and didn't expect me to stay in all day waiting for them, they provided an appointment time and phoned 1 hour before arriving.

It should be noted that I have previously had several nightmare experiences with both Sony and Panasonic and with both manufacturers it was in relation to TVs so to receive such outstanding customer service was a very welcome and refreshing change. Samsung truly showed them how it should be done.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Samsung - fridge freezers - customer reps - completely incompetent, lacking any detailed knowledge, unable/unwilling to answer clear specific questions. Still in dispute with them - final reply was to take it up with retailer. Unfamiliar with specifications of their products for sale in uk stores. Need I go on?

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you've adjusted this by:

<sound>

<additional settings>

<digital audio out>

<audio delay>

My F8000 was slightly out of sync when it came out of the box, but I quickly discovered that the audio delay was set to 150ms (odd!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts