Samsung, Very Poor Customer Care

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
A few weeks back my samsung tv started to pop and turn itself on and off which by doing some research its a very common fault . I've contacted samsung though its uk based samsung web site twice now about there cheap capacitors and about getting it fix, but i've not had a single reply

Looks like once i would of recommend samsung now i say stay clear

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
landzw:

A few weeks back my samsung tv started to pop and turn itself on and off which by doing some research its a very common fault . I've contacted samsung though its uk based samsung web site twice now about there cheap capacitors and about getting it fix, but i've not had a single reply

Looks like once i would of recommend samsung now i say stay clear
That is not good, but I assume you have contacted the company you bought the TV from? It is their job to resolve the problem, not Samsung.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Landzw,

Samsung, like a lot of companies, seem to completely ignore any email contact concerning problems - IKEA are in my experience the worst offenders ever. However, in Samsung's defence, I would strongly recommend that you call them (the phone number is on the website or your dealer can give it to you). I found their phone based customer service to be exemplary. And although, as Hammill states, it should be the dealer's job to solve the problem, often all they will be doing is acting as a middleman between you and the manufacturer, so it's easier and more convenient for you to deal directly, especially if you are arranging service visits.

Good luck.

Rob

A

Anonymous

When you say you've contacted Samsung - have u done this by registering your product and then using the 'My Samsung' bit on their website to select Service Request?

I've not had any problems with them so far...

A

Anonymous

Had a had a power problem on my Samsung, unfortunately it was out of guarantee.
Having looked on the internet I found there was a known problem with capacitors on the power board. They blow due to being 16v rather than 25v ones.
I decided to replace them myself, taking the board out, checking the values then nipping down to Farnells to get 6 new ones.

Cost me about £7, better than having to buy a new TV!

If you are still in warranty they will sort it for you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
landzw,

Have heard back from Samsung PR, who are keen to get in touch with you and hopefully resolve this problem. Can you drop me an email at the usual address with your contact details, and I'll pass them on?

Ta

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
landzw,

Have heard back from Samsung PR, who are keen to get in touch with you and hopefully resolve this problem. Can you drop me an email at the usual address with your contact details, and I'll pass them on?

Ta

That's very good of you Andrew.
emotion-21.gif

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
E-mail sent, thanks Andrew

The tv guarantee ran out 6 weeks after the problem started just after 12months which is suxs

I had contacted samsung through its uk based samsung website which the item is registered at , but i've heard nothing

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
OK, email received and forwarded on to Samsung PR.

Doubt you'll hear anything before the weekend, but I'm sure they'll be on the case next week - I'm assured that 'A member of the customer services team will be in touch... as a priority'.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Andrew , we received a phone call from Samsung within 2 hours of me sending you the email ,

Though i was out my wife took the call and Fingers crossed someone from Samsung Customer Service will contact me in the morning

A

Anonymous

Funny... Like many other owners of Samsung televisions (I personally own the HLS5679WX/XAA 56' DLP TV), I'm running into the power cycling issue, but when I've talked to anyone at Samsung, I'm always immediately told that they've never heard of any issues with capacitors on their TVs.

A

Anonymous

I have had the very same problem with my 3D television. It has now Stopped working! It was just a month shy of 2 years old!

No help from Samsung they will only say I have to get an independent inspection! I am beyond furious! I bought my daughter one too and hers is beginning to the same thing! It's not fit for purpose! How are they getting away with it?!

A

Anonymous

All I can say is to be persistant with Samsung... very persistant.

We fought with Samsung over our TV for a couple years with them continually denying any issue with the model we purchased. However, if you looked around on the internet, there were all sorts of dissatisfied customers who were dealing with the same issue. Basically, what happened was this - the primary circuit board had incorrect capacitors on it. These capacitors were popping, which caused the initial power-cycling problem. Problem was that since the issue wasn't "known" by Samsung, when you turned on your TV once the capacitors had blown, it would cause the circuit board to fry.

Finally, after fighting with them for over a couple years, we suddenly got someone on the line who was a bit more resposive. We were told that before anything could be done, they would need to send someone out to exchange the circuit board. I told her that the circuit board was no longer available for purchase (and included my findings as to the defective nature of the boards), but was told that someone would come out to look at the set... and I recieved a confirmation e-mail for the repair time.

The day before the "repair" was supposed to take place, I suddenly got a cancellation e-mail... no reasons given, no options as what to do next. Needless to say, I called Samsung back to find out why this was cancelled. Their answer - "Oh, that circuit board is no longer available." (in other words, what I had told them before the repair was scheduled). I was transferred to a manager.

The manager asked what I was looking for... my response was simply to have a working TV. To my surprise, he actually started talking about options as to what they could do for me. They started out with lowball offers -- DO NOT ACCEPT SAMSUNG'S FIRST OFFER, but eventually I was able to convince them to send out a set that was much better than what I originally had purchased (I mentioned original cost, plus repairs, and time and effort contacting them). They shipped out the new set, and disposed of the big old DLP paperweight for us.

So, in a nutshell, Samsung did make good... but persistance is the key!

chuckleberry

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung's customer care is despicable!!

At the begining of the year I bought a new 40" Samsung TV complete with 2 pairs of 3 d glasses.

First time I used them they proved to be faulty, so contacted Samsung. Long, long chat with technical help, got close to conclusion but got cut off. Phone again a few days later. They said the glasses were faulty. That I would received a posting return envelope, and to get proof of posting from the post office. I did this. Some time later I received just one pair of glasses back. Chased samsung. They said I was meant to post one pair at a time (not being psychic how was I to know!). They said they would sort it out. Nothing happened. I chased again. Lots of apologies and said they would sort it all out and someone would get back to me. Nothing happened. A week later I chased again. Much the same apologies, they contacted repairtech (there repairer) who evidently were waiting authorisation. I was told it would be sorted. Nothing happened. I chased again, spoke to repaitech, they said the were still waiting authorisation. Spoke again to Samsung who said authorisation had just gone out. Nothing happened, but got a phone call from Samsung asking to give a review of customer serices!! I later got another samsung call, they said they would not wait for repairtech and just send me out glasses. Nothing happened. Then today I get a call from samsung asking if I have any proof I sent two pairs. Of course I dont - who photographs what they put in an envelope?!?! They have proof I sent something at least, but repairtech said only one pair had been received (though actually I have found out from repairtech that their system would only record one if the order they received was for one, even if 2 were in the envelope).

So that is where I stand. Samsung will do no more and have washed their hands of it. I said that if they have the recording of the original complaint it would show that I was told to return the two pairs of glasses, and there was no suggestion of sending one at a time. They say that if that is what was said, they would reconsider replacing my glasses. BUT they would charge me £10 to have the recording listened to!!! Unbelievable. That really made me angry. I am on a mission to notify as many review sites as I can. (well - till I get too bored - or the steam from my head settles)

All this for a £16 pair of glasses (about £3/4 to Samsung). I spent £800 on this TV. I am only now doing it as a point of principle. I wish I had just bought some replacement glasses - but that makes a mockery of a warranty. Today I made a vow never to buy Samsung products again.

NeverBuySamsung

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have have just been having very terrible experience with Samsung Customer service. I calmly tried to resolve it with them but they would not listen. After a month and two weeks of constantly following go get someone to resolve this issue has still lead me to no where.

My resolution is to create a facebook for them. I have just done that, the essence is for people to join and share their SAMSUNG POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My absolute hope is that, this can help them provide proper serivice to all of us

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had good experiences with Samsung.

I contacted Samsung asking for best setting for my TV.

They could not recommend any as each TV is different but they did give a personalised reply.

I replied to that one and I got another personalised reply.

sg1319

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a lip sync issue with a Samsung UE55HU8500 TV.
I have made several calls to the Samsung help desk trying to resolve this issue. They are aware of the fault and developed a fix via a firmware releace. I have downloaded the firmware and installed it but the fault is not resolved and we cannot watch anything where the person talking is on the screen.

I have spoken the to the AV team and their manager and they tell me they have forwarded the issue to the excalation team and that at sometime in the future they hope to get nother fix out. They have said on three occasions that someone will call me back but I am yet to receive any of the calls that I have been promised.

I bought it direct from Samsung at Stratford, London and would like the matter resolved.

I am a huge admirer of Samsung goods but the service I am receiving with regard to this issue is very very poor.

I have emialed them asking someone to contact me and advise how they intend to resolve my issue and whether I should return th set and swap it for another. They are clearly aware of this issue but to be told by their staff that they do not know if or when the problem will be addressed is unacceptable as I am sure you will agree.

Anyone have any other ideas....weare pulling our hair out here and have gone back to watching our old TV set.....we feel as if we have nowhere to go with this!

Many thanks in anticipation

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts