Samsung UE43RU7400 connection to audio amp

billybodger

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi just got a Samsung UE43RU7400 tv as recommended on here. Im trying to connect it to my old NAD amp as i have done with my previous TVs as i am quite happy with that . It has a audio jack output on the TV and i connected it as i have done in the passed but it will not work. I have bee on to Samsung and they told me to reset the TV but still nothing. They then said the TV should recognise the amp and if it didnt it was beyond the capability of the TV to work with this sort of setup . Dose anyone have any idea if this is correct or am i just not doing something wrong?

D

Deleted member 108165

I take it the audio jack is there for headphone connection? Look in the menu to see what the volume level is set to for headphone out, it might just need turning up. Just an idea.

Without knowing exactly how you have made those connections it is difficult to say but if it has worked in the past with different TVs then check where you have it connected to the Samsung and whether t her is actually any output on that socket. If it is a headphones type phono socket do you have any headphones you could try in it?
......and the idea that a TV has to 'recognise' an amplifier is nonsense.

P.S.. Have just Googled that TV and it doesn't have a headphone socket or audio out jack so just how are you trying to get audio out, are you using the Optical out? Probably not as your NAD presumably doesn't have an optical in, neither does it have HDMI, so just how do you hope to get an audio signal to your amp?

PPS. Which NAD amp do you have?

D

Deleted member 108165

it doesn't have a headphone socket or audio out jack so just how are you trying to get audio out, are you using the Optical out? Probably not as your NAD presumably doesn't have an optical in, neither does it have HDMI, so just how do you hope to get an audio signal to your amp?
Well spotted Al (y)

billybodger

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Think i have just answered my own post. Managed to find a spec for the TV and there is only a optical audio output and component and composite in . You can also connect blue tooth and wifi speakers to it. So now the question has changed . As i cant connect with old fashioned wires what do i need to connect my system to the wifi network or to the TV via blue tooth ?
As for the amp its a old nad 3155

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts