Samsung UE40D6530 vs UE40D6510 - any spec difference??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm looking at upgrading to a 40" LED set from my current 40" Sony LCD one and it's down to two Samsungs: the UE40D6530 (black and reviewed 5 stars on this very site) and the UE40D6510 (white and my preferred choice, but I can't find pro reviews of anywhere at all and it doesn't feature on the Samsung site).

I can't see any difference in spec, but they feature different stands and looking at profile images on Amazon the white UE40D6510 set seems a bit thicker. Does anyone know if there's actually any spec difference between these two tellys or are they purely the same set in two shades with different stands? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I own the UE40D6510 - as far as I know the only differences were the stand and colour. Can't exactly give a pro review, but so far (3 months) the picture quality has been good with standard def stuff and excellent with blu-ray. Motion is smooth with an HD source (PS3/blu-ray). Sound, as expected, isn't great but the AV system deals with that.

Only watched one film in 3D (Green Lantern) and it was quite impressive, even when sat about 3m away, although I'm thinking I could have got away with the 46 inch model for the space I have, as the border is so slim.

A

Anonymous

Which? gave them both a best buy and rated them highly, which is pretty good as they are notoriously hard to please. I will have a look at the reviews and see if there is any mention of spec differences.

A

Anonymous

Had a look and no mention of spec difference I am afraid. Both tv's got great reviews for picture quality in SD and HD but both got very poor ratings for sound but that should not matter too much if you have a surround system.If you don't it might be an issue as the tv's were slated for sound quality in fact. The 6530 was rated more highly for picture though, which I suppose you would expect. Sorry I can't be of more help re spec but they are def not the same set with a different stand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts