SAMSUNG QN90A PUSHES LCD NEEDLE

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The Philips 9639 states there are 1000 dimming zones and the panel delivers a peak brightness output of 2000 nits. The Samsung QN90A has 792 dimming zones and Samsung are quoting a peak brightness rating of 2000 nits. Adding in the Mini Led backlight the 4K sets look much better this year. The Samsung Q90T I returned only had 120 dimming zones and a peak brightness of 1700 nits with FALD backlight.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

The Philips 9639 states there are 1000 dimming zones and the panel delivers a peak brightness output of 2000 nits. The Samsung QN90A has 792 dimming zones and Samsung are quoting a peak brightness rating of 2000 nits. Adding in the Mini Led backlight the 4K sets look much better this year. The Samsung Q90T I returned only had 120 dimming zones and a peak brightness of 1700 nits with FALD backlight.
Yes, you’re right it will beat it, I always mix up the 8K models with the 4K ones! It will definitely beat the 4K ones for sure. (y)

toddbbot

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
i keep seeing reviews mention this tv is g-sync compatible but the official samsung website states otherwise. is there any way to confirm if this is in fact an available feature. i emailed them but i'm not expecting any reply.

D

Deleted member 188533

i keep seeing reviews mention this tv is g-sync compatible but the official samsung website states otherwise. is there any way to confirm if this is in fact an available feature. i emailed them but i'm not expecting any reply.

This review mentions FreeSync: https://hdguru.com/review-samsung-65qn90a-neo-qled-pushes-lcd-needle/

GSync is supported on almost every device with FreeSync and has been for about 2 years. Ever since Nvidia opened their drivers up to support it. So no it does not have a GSync module but yes it will work with Gsync and an Nvidia card. My main monitor is a 144hz LG with FreeSync and GSync works fine on it with my RTX 2070.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts