• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

SAMSUNG QN90A PUSHES LCD NEEDLE

gel

Mini LED looks very promising! I wonder who will come out on top Samsung or Philips..
Probably Samsung given their history. Sounds very promising although I find it hard to believe it will beat this years Samsung TVs. It probably will beat it though but I can’t see the difference being big.

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
The Philips 9639 states there are 1000 dimming zones and the panel delivers a peak brightness output of 2000 nits. The Samsung QN90A has 792 dimming zones and Samsung are quoting a peak brightness rating of 2000 nits. Adding in the Mini Led backlight the 4K sets look much better this year. The Samsung Q90T I returned only had 120 dimming zones and a peak brightness of 1700 nits with FALD backlight.

Reactions: gel

gel

The Philips 9639 states there are 1000 dimming zones and the panel delivers a peak brightness output of 2000 nits. The Samsung QN90A has 792 dimming zones and Samsung are quoting a peak brightness rating of 2000 nits. Adding in the Mini Led backlight the 4K sets look much better this year. The Samsung Q90T I returned only had 120 dimming zones and a peak brightness of 1700 nits with FALD backlight.
Yes, you’re right it will beat it, I always mix up the 8K models with the 4K ones! It will definitely beat the 4K ones for sure. (y)

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
There are both good and bad reviews (Although the bad reviews seem to be the 55” model with the better reviews on the 65” model) so definitely one to see before you buy.

Bill

toddbbot

Mar 8, 2021
i keep seeing reviews mention this tv is g-sync compatible but the official samsung website states otherwise. is there any way to confirm if this is in fact an available feature. i emailed them but i'm not expecting any reply.

anort3

Dec 8, 2019
i keep seeing reviews mention this tv is g-sync compatible but the official samsung website states otherwise. is there any way to confirm if this is in fact an available feature. i emailed them but i'm not expecting any reply.
This review mentions FreeSync: https://hdguru.com/review-samsung-65qn90a-neo-qled-pushes-lcd-needle/

GSync is supported on almost every device with FreeSync and has been for about 2 years. Ever since Nvidia opened their drivers up to support it. So no it does not have a GSync module but yes it will work with Gsync and an Nvidia card. My main monitor is a 144hz LG with FreeSync and GSync works fine on it with my RTX 2070.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Due to the poor judder/stutter on the Samsung QLED's I would avoid. Mini-LED still has some work to do regarding blooming. The Philips Mini-LED might be better. At the price point Oled looks like the better bang for your buck.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts