SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD : Is this exactly the same as the SAMSUNG PS42Q97HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Saw the SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD in Currys this afternoon and in my view much better pictures than the Panasonic TH42PX70 and that's saying something based on SD Sky and FREEVIEW like for like. The shop assistant told me it was £949.99 but I have seen it on Dixons for £683.00 this evening. I have also seen the SAMSUNG PS42Q97HD on another site for £748.00 with a 3 Year warranty and £695.00 on anothet site without the warranty.

I need to know if the 96 is.......categorically.......the same model as the 97?

A

Anonymous

I've just gotback from my local Dixons store ( they love me there) and have managed to agree with them to supply me either Panasonic TH42PX70 or the Samsung 42PSQ96HDX ( same model as the Q97) for whatever the Dixons Online price is next Saturday, plus £40 for same day Saturday Delivery. At present in the shop they're £999 and £949 respectively. Online they're £750 and £699 -Both are without the Fixed Omnimount Wall Bracket which Currys are selling for £169.99 on which they say they wouldn't be able to match the Dixon's Online price of £69.99 so I will have to get this online.

The good about getting the TV from the shop some 3 miles away is that I have somewhere close to take it back to in case of trouble.

If I should want to get a warranty I can ( as I've done in the past with other electrical items I've bought) go online with Domestic & General Insurance and pay for an extended warranty of between 1 and 5 years by monthly DD or one off payment, but I don't have to do this until the TV's 11months old so I have time instead of having to fork out in one go for a warranty. Most of the retailers that don't provide their own in house cover ( Currys do with Coverplan etc) in anycase supply their warranties through Domestic & General on which they earn favourable commission

A

Anonymous

Messrs: KRIME/HARRIS: Recommend me a good Upscaling DVD Player to go with the Q96 Plasma.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tallyho"]
Messrs: KRIME/HARRIS: Recommend me a good Upscaling DVD Player to go with the Q96 Plasma.
[/quote]

If I were you I would go for at least the Denon DVD2930 or the Marantz DV7001, both are great machines but I found the Marantz did sometime have a green-ish outline to objects in high contrast sceens.I ended up getting a Denon DVD3930 as a ex-demo unit for less than the rrp of the 2930.

There is also a great option of finding a Pioneer DV989AVi which can be had at heavliy discounted rates due to Pioneers recent product range change which will also give you results that you will be more than happy with picture and sound wise but its not the best player with cd's.

A

Anonymous

Do you think it would be better to get the Q97 as opposed to the Q96 as I'm told that, and come to think of it I saw it too, that the Q96 seems to push our a bit more Blue in the R G B context, and the Q97 has a Blue on/off mode. Not sure however if the Q96 has this. There is also some talk about the Panasonic TH42PX70 TV's haveing a greenish kind of flash on fast moving scenes-Anyone experinced this, but more to the point please try and answer my question about the Blue Screen. Does this also appear on the 50ins Samsung Q6 and 97s?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts