Samsung Led or Sony Lcd

A

Anonymous

For what it's worth: All Samsung equipment I've ever owned stopped working as soon as the guarantee expired -- while all Sony (and Philips) equipment I've ever owned seems to be ever-lasting.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Fahnsen:For what it's worth: All Samsung equipment I've ever owned stopped working as soon as the guarantee expired -- while all Sony (and Philips) equipment I've ever owned seems to be ever-lasting.

Sony and Samsung both use the same LCD panels manufactured by S-LCD in S.Korea. (A joint venture between the two companies).

This was still the case in June last year. although (I think) Sony are now in another joint LCD panel production venture with Sharp too.

My Samsung TV has a 5 five year guarantee (John Lewis) and is still going strong after 3 years use. It will probably be replaced in a year or two with an all Panasonic BD/HDD/FreeviewHD recorder + TV set-up.

I have no complaints and I know a few other long-term Samsung users who have had no trouble and bought Samsung again when upgrading.

I would encourage anyone buying any brand of TV to buy from a reputable retailer offering a free 3 - 5 years guarantee. (Preferably from a local branch.)

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
and lets not forget,its all down to what you like as well,samsung tv look very nice in design,but the sonys seem to have the edge,but thats what im used to seeing every day,and i also own 2, 32" sony bravia's with no probs.its all down to choice,so go for what you like and let your eyes be the judge.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Re: Samsung Led or Sony Lcd
For what it's worth: All Samsung equipment I've ever owned stopped working as soon as the guarantee expired -- while all Sony (and Philips) equipment I've ever owned seems to be ever-lasting.

The large sweeping brush of generalisations comes out of the cupboard. I have 2 samsung D500 phones which over several years have been used and abused by myself and all three of my boys and both of them still work perfectly, as did a Sony Ericsson 610 which my wife has bashed around for even longer. So your comment is actually worth nothing.

In response to the original poster, wait and see how this year's model's are rated. If you don't want to pay new model prices, and fancy an end of range bargain, go and have a look at both the Samsung & Sonys and see which is the most comfortable and enjoyable picture to watch for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts