Samsung LE37M87?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy a new tv and I am looking for some help/advice. I am looking to get a 37 inch lcd (top spec) for below £1000
At the moment I have Samsung LE37M87 in mind. Unless anyone can recommend a cheaper one/better spec. I can bet the above for about £940 http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le37m87bdxxeu.asp?page=Specifications

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi John. Our August issue features a Supertest of 37" flatscreens, and the Panasonic TH-37PX70 ran out a reasonably comfortable winner - but if you're wedded to the idea of LCD technology, the plasma Pana might not suit. If you do decide to go with the Samsung, don't pay £940. Have a look at www.prcdirect.co.uk - they have it for under £700.

That same Supertest features the Samung LE37R88BD, which is exclusive to Dixons Group stores - Samsung assures me the '87 is exactly the same, but rather disappointingly haven't sent me one as a comparison. So do bear in mind that our glowing five-star Samsung review relates to a machine you can only get at Dixons (and www.currys.co.uk will sell it to you online for under £700 too).

A

Anonymous

Hi.

I'm sure you've noticed but prcdirect for some reason have the larger LE40M87, which also boasts a 'Super Clear Panel' cheaper than the LE37M87 at only £906! Strange!

Though if you have your mind set on the LE37M87 and can push to just over the grand mark then John Lewis has it for £1099 with 5 years free guarantee!!

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi John. How right you are, it doesn't take much to confuse me at this stage. You'e right about the fundamental differences between the 'M' and 'R' ranges - we've got a First Test of the LE40M86BD in the September issue (out July 26th). It's the first of the 'M' range we've received, and for some reason is less expensive than the 37" equivalent on many websites.

A

Anonymous

Anyone got this model yet? I would really like to hear some feed back before buying it. i am unable to find any reviews on this
I am looking for a high spec 37 inch tv under £1000 and I cant decide. I am going mad aaahh ;-)

A

Anonymous

John, now that we've completed our September issue, I will simply weigh in and say this: buy the issue, turn to page 10, and read our review of what I can only describe as a stunning 40in LCD TV - the Samsung LE40M86BD. It has full HD resolution, performs brilliantly and can be found online at dixons.co.uk for £916. Great deal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts