Samsung Galaxy S2 to get Ice Cream Sandwich

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Some forums say unlocked will be last to get the update. Typical.
smiley-frown.gif
I've just tried this morning = zip.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas said:
Some forums say unlocked will be last to get the update. Typical.
smiley-frown.gif
I've just tried this morning = zip.
I may be wrong, but can you not just download the official version from Samsungs website? That's what my mate done yesterday, i think.

A

Anonymous

.....er. No, as far as I know!
smiley-cool.gif
We're waiting for Samsung UK for unlocked and/or phone companies to check and add their tweaks to the firmware.

A

Anonymous

First impressions please?

I'm with O2 but as I bought from CPW it is unlocked and nothing yet.
smiley-frown.gif

A

Anonymous

Got tired of waiting so I flashed it myself using Odin. Easy.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

I like it. Text, interweb are much sharper fonts, as are the widgets and shortcuts etc. There is an excellent built in data management tool where you can set alrms for limits etc. Ignore phone call and send a standard message with just a swipe, right swipe to text a contact, left to call. Better camera functionality.
smiley-laughing.gif

SteveR750

does it fix the crap OE email client app? How does swype work?

EDIT well I didn't type "rubbish", more like Thomas Crapper; so wonder what the more literal adjective would have resulted in....I know it's a family friendly forum (after all hi fi is a hobby for everyone right) but "EDITED" woukd be a better substitute please.

A

Anonymous

To Be honest Steve, I don't use it for email or I would never get any peace! Ditto Swype as I use Swiftkey X instead......
smiley-cool.gif

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
I've got a samsung galaxy S2 (3 months old) on T-mobile. What do i need to do in order to upgrade to ICS? I've heard people mention a few different ways but I am a little lost. Could some methods invalidate the guarantee. Thanks Dan

A

Anonymous

Wait for the official T-Mobile one. It 'may' invalidate warranty if you don't. SIM free is now available so it won't be long. :)

SteveR750

OK, reply atempt #3 as i keep getting a page load error (on this site only)

Just upgraded mine via VF, bit disapointed, phone keeps freezing for abot 5-6 seconds every couple of minutes with an error message that google play has stopped. Any ideas how to fix it? I cant uninstall it, otherwise I cant go fine new apps.....assuming I can even physicaly uninstall it

A

Anonymous

What is VF? I would suggest downloading the software again. |(

SteveR750

Popped into a vodafone shop, advised it's a known random problem with Google who are trying to find a fix.

Going to try to re-install over Kies and see if that helps....next stop Samsung tech help line.

SteveR750

Had to do a hard reset to fix the problem after talking to Samsung. Beware, as they admit it's a random problem that affects a significant number of their phones. Back your data up, I thought I had between Lookout and Google, but alas not all of it.....

Having done it, my advice is don't bother until the bugs are ironed out. The differences are ostly cosmetic, I see no improvement in battery life, nor the management of wi-fi and mobile data reception. If nothing else, I am amazed at the number of really irate people on the various phone forums (an odd "interest" in its own right perhaps) who are so desperate to get their updates, and threatening to change carriers / phone brand!

A

Anonymous

I've just upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 ROM via ClockWorkMod and the F1GalaxyNexus one. Fantastic. :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts