Same System - New home ...

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya all ,

Just thought I have not shared pictures of the new Set-up. The system is actually the same as before ( with the adddition of Sony BDP- S 5200 BluRay ), but we have a new place and I must say I never thought that things like the size of the room , the carpet and distance between speakers will make such a difference , but boy... they do ... Sound is so much better now, bass is tighter ( speakers well of the walls now) , which makes everything else to sound cleaner and crispier , and the speakers beeing about 1 m further apart than before gives such a boost to the soundstage. All the vocals seems to come from the center speaker when listening to stereo , but of course they do not :) Very , very happy bunny now :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128458823@N06/sets/72157648476677705/

TV : Samsung UE46D6500

Apple TV

AVR : Denon 1909

Blu-Rays: Sony BDPS 5200 BluRay : Denon 2010

Amp : Leema Pulse MkII

Speakers : Mourdant SHort Mezzo 1 , 5 and 6

Sub : Wharfedale SW150

Box : Sky HD 2TB

Switch: Beresford TC- 7220

Stands: Atacama Nexus 6i

Speaker cables : Pro Ac Responce Black signature / Atlas Hyper 2.0

St.Interconnect : Leema Linx 1

HDMI`s - Chord Silver Active / Audioquest Pearl / That Cable

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
great looking system, love the curtains.... proper retro 70's

Ha ha, yes thank you...Our 10 months old one loves them too. He finds them somehow amusing and smiles at them everyday. Trouble is that lately he finds the AV rack pretty amusing too :(

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
agh yes i remember those days, my daughter managed to destroy 5 bowers and wilkins speakers when i was at work many years ago, my wife was out of the room for a minute when she killed the tweeters and mid drivers on my s3 series speakers (all 5) *dash1*

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
agh yes i remember those days, my daughter managed to destroy 5 bowers and wilkins speakers when i was at work many years ago, my wife was out of the room for a minute when she killed the tweeters and mid drivers on my s3 series speakers (all 5) *dash

Oh my my, that must have hurt :( I have got it all coming - the little one is the proud new owner of my Sub's glossy badge, and yes , it doesn't take them 10 seconds :)

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
That is a really nice looking system there.

Hope the rears are bolted and ballasted for toppling over..

Kids grow past it all. *drinks*. Just stay calm.

Cheers

Hi John, thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

Yes , the rears are well secure at the moment. The bottom plates are much further in under the settee and spiked to the floor at the same time , so they are very limited in tilting and I have used the strongest industrial type of Velcro to secure the speakers to the top plates . It takes me hefty amount of power if I want to remove them..... Now I have to think of some sort of outriggers to make the towers a bit more secure... It is completely different game now with the new member of the family :) .... and much less time for listening at the same tima

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I second that. My 3 yr old is good with tech things. iPad etc. Never really goes near the rack either. Just keep the paw patrol & blaze & the monster machines rolling to him and he is happy.. Think I have seen them all now.. It seems to be the only thing on the tv. All my viewing done on iPad and for an hr before bed. Time is at a premium. Looking forward to getting mad max though.

All the best.

John

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
I second that. My 3 yr old is good with tech things. iPad etc. Never really goes near the rack either. Just keep the paw patrol & blaze & the monster machines rolling to him and he is happy.. Think I have seen them all now.. It seems to be the only thing on the tv. All my viewing done on iPad and for an hr before bed. Time is at a premium. Looking forward to getting mad max though.

All the best.

John

Not quite there yet , as he`s only 11 m and he`s still watching Henry Huggle Montser , Sherriff Callie ect. and he just learned that he could support himself by leaning against big objects, and what`s better than daddy`s nice big cupboard with all those black boxes , which flash in so many different colours when he presses the buttons :) Not just that , but those two little doors are so lovely to open and shut, open and shut ...like 30 times in a row , and inside soo many fascinating items ( remotes , Wii controlers , CD`s ) - He`s is just in love with that AV rack mate, and to be honest , I used to be dusting my items every week with a special duster and a brush , but I`ve just left it be now and am thoroughly enjoying watching him , as I know that it is a period and it will go ...Hopefuly one day , he`ll be appreciateing the same kind of items as I do now .

Let us know about Mad Max, pls ... I`ve heard from a friend that it`s not great , but that`s only his opinion and also what is not a great film , might actually be a great BluRay experience ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts