Sad news regarding a fellow forum poster.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
This is really such a sad thing. I wonder under what tragic circumstances this unfortunate incident happened. In a third world country like the one I live in, workplace accidents happen much more often than they should, but I would hardly expect this to occur in a developed country like England. Nobody should have to lose their life doing their job.

D

Deleted member 2457

hifikrazy said:
This is really such a sad thing. I wonder under what tragic circumstances this unfortunate incident happened. In a third world country like the one I live in, workplace accidents happen much more often than they should, but I would hardly expect this to occur in a developed country like England. Nobody should have to lose their life doing their job.

Yep, I was wondering again what could've happened at work. I guess we will never know.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
hifikrazy said:

Yep, I was wondering again what could've happened at work. I guess we will never know.

wasn't BC a taxi driver?

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
gel said:
hifikrazy said:

wasn't BC a taxi driver?

Telephone engineer. I suppose he could've fell or been hurt through his equipment.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
gel said:
hifikrazy said:

wasn't BC a taxi driver?

Telephone engineer. I suppose he could've fell or been hurt through his equipment.

sorry for the miss understood... :oops:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I did had in mind this thread

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/off-topic-and-miscellaneous/guess-who-just-passed-their-lgv-cat-c-driving-test?page=1

that why I thought is work had something to do with him being a professional driver.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Like others, I'm very sad to read this news.

While our conversations rarely intersected on the forum, I read many of Chris's posts, which were always friendly, helpful, and respectful.

Sincere condolences to Chris's friends and family.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I did had in mind this thread

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/off-topic-and-miscellaneous/guess-who-just-passed-their-lgv-cat-c-driving-test?page=1

that why I thought is work had something to do with him being a professional driver.

Ah right.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
gel said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
gel said:
hifikrazy said:

wasn't BC a taxi driver?

sorry for the miss understood... :oops:

No need to apologies.

Messiah

I don't get on here very often anymore but I am absolutely shocked to read about Big Chris. :(

In the many, many hours I have spent on here over the years I always found that Chris came across as a genuinely nice guy.

it is so sad that he has passed away at such a young age. I have no doubt he will be greatly missed!

:(

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've just seen this and I'm truly shocked and saddened.

It's been quite a few years now that I've enjoyed Chris' banter on this forum, and whilst I don't know him any more than on here he always struck me as a thoroughly good guy.

He was one of those people who seemed to get on with everyone, never seemed to say anything which wasn't decent or positive.

A true gent, my thoughts are with his family and friends at this terribly sad time.

RIP Big Chris, you will be missed.

Joel

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
We've had a note from Big Chris' family which they wanted to share with you all:

"I would just like to express our thanks to everyone that has spoken so highly of Chris, and to let you all know that it helps. We knew he was a great man and to hear others that had never met him say the same is truly heartwarming. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please feel free to share this and the memorial site. https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/1899"

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for letting us know Joe. I'm glad my threads and all the comments the other forum users have made about how they liked Big Chris and how his passing affected us as an online community have helped the family in their greaving for their Son, Husband and anything else Chris was to them.

It's the least I could do.

Glacialpath.

MrsBigChris

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick note to say a very sincere and heartfelt "Thank You" to you all for your kind comments.

I have few words myself at the moment, but please know that your posts have been shared with all who love Chris.

if you are able and wish to, you are more than welcome to come and help us to celebrate his life on 25th July.

Thanks again everyone

Natalie xx

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
MrsBigChris said:
Just a quick note to say a very sincere and heartfelt "Thank You" to you all for your kind comments.

I have few words myself at the moment, but please know that your posts have been shared with all who love Chris.

if you are able and wish to, you are more than welcome to come and help us to celebrate his life on 25th July.

Thanks again everyone

Natalie xx

Thank you Natalie for your kind words, and for sharing with us your feelings

D

Deleted member 2457

MrsBigChris said:

Thanks again everyone

Natalie xx

Thanks Natalie.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
[UNPUBLISHED DUPLICATE]

Its been a while since I posted here and I return to this. What aweful news a true shock. RIP Big Chris and god bless.