Sad news regarding a fellow forum poster.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

Desperately sorry to see this news and my deepest condolences to Chris's family and friends.

Very sad news. In my thoughts.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The thread title lets you know what you're in for, but the shock is in learning it has happened to someone so young, and quite well known on the forum. Condolences to Big Chris' family.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
To say I am shocked is an understatement,Bigun you were a great lad,really enjoyed talking to you,only the other day you and the wifes 40th.Will miss you Chris. Like Prof Hat feeling very emotional at the moment. RIP Chris.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Consolences to those who will miss him. My best friend died in his sleep last July who was also a music lover/Hi Fi owner - is never far from my thoughts.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Just awful news. Always came across as such a decent guy and I was only reading his thread this morning about he and his wife turning 40. Gutted.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Very sad news indeed. I had enjoyed reading his contributions, especially the recent death metal thread. Particularly upsetting for me, since I'm typing this sitting next to the hospital bed of my 14 yr old lad who was hit by a car 2 weeks ago on his bike - only for wearing his cycle helmet saved him. My thoughts and prayers go out to bigchris and his family. Rip.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm absolutley shocked, this is terrible news. I've never met Chris, but I feel like I've lost a friend. My thoughts are with his wife, family and friends at this difficult time.

Rest in peace Chris.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I can only echo the sentiments from everyone else here. I got the tragic news from the other moderators as soon as I got home. Chris had been one of the regulars on our Forums for as long as I can remember and will be sorely missed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
So, so sad. Really feel for his family: from celebrations to tragedy in such short order.

Just looked: Chris joined this Forum more than 6 years ago and made over 5,500 posts. He'll be missed.

RIP

matthewpiano

Very saddened by this. Big Chris was an absolute gentleman in his exchanges on these forums and someone who clearly had a huge passion for music. The world needs more people like him, not one less.

Thoughts go out to his close friends and family who must be in terrible grief.

RIP.

matthewpiano

The Facebook page of his band 'Designs of Chaos' has many tributes to him as well as photographs and a link to a video of a recent performance. It can be found here for those who wish to take a few moments: https://www.facebook.com/DesignsofChaos

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
The Facebook page of his band 'Designs of Chaos' has many tributes to him as well as photographs and a link to a video of a recent performance. It can be found here for those who wish to take a few moments: https://www.facebook.com/DesignsofChaos

thanks Matt

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Extremely sad news. It puts the petty arguments about cables and such into perspective. ie, a very long way in the distance, and pretty irrelevant.

Thoughts are with the family and friends.

D

Deleted member 2457

matthewpiano said:

:cheers: Matt. Just left a message.