Sad news regarding a fellow forum poster.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I can't help but look at Chris's most recent post, and think how mystifying, and completely sad it is that we will not be hearing from him again.

Absolutely heartbreaking for his wife, family, and friends.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
fr0g said:
...It puts the petty arguments about cables and such into perspective...

Chris used to avoid the argumentative threads about cables, bit-rates and distortion. He tended to stick to being friendly and helpful in the more positive and constructive ones.

The only time I've ever seen him post in one of those silly threads was when distortion was being discussed. He said that his heavy metal music would sound awful if it didn't have loads of distortion. That made me laugh. I'll miss his sense of humor.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
The Facebook page of his band 'Designs of Chaos' has many tributes to him as well as photographs and a link to a video of a recent performance. It can be found here for those who wish to take a few moments: https://www.facebook.com/DesignsofChaos

I've just left a message as well.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Will be weird not reading his posts on here anymore. Don't know what to say but he seemed like a genuine nice guy, way to young to go. Was going to say RIP but I hope he rests making plenty of noise.

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
incredibly sad news, it makes you realise how precious life is and how fragile we really are. My condolences to Chris' family, I hope they find the strength to deal with this tragic accident.

R.I.P. Big Chris

scene

Hardly know what to say - I can't believe this has happened to BC. Just catching up on forum posts because I've been away and was reading his 40th birthday post and now this.

Will truly miss him on the forums and my heartfelt sorrow for his wife and family.

RIP Big Chris - going to miss you.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Terrible news. Like others, I am surprised at how sad this makes me feel as I never met Chris, but knew him through the forum.

RIP

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Just come back online after a week away, this is horrible, just feeling numb, he was one of those people you looked at and thought they must be invincible, really, really depressing news. That's the best of us gone imo.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Just come back online after a week away, this is horrible, just feeling numb, he was one of those people you looked at and thought they must be invincible, really, really depressing news. That's the best of us gone imo.

I agree. Like I said in my earlier post it always seems to happen to the good guys. This world seems so unjust sometimes. As you say, that's the best of us gone and that's my opinion too.

A day on and I still can't fully understand it. I always remember the banter we had on occasions was always amicable and balanced, and 40 is no age to be taken.

Hope no-one gets offended, but to put some perspective into this sad situation with BC, my daughter was friends with a little girl from Playgroup up until she was diagnosed with leukemia. Less than two years later (2012) she succumbed to her illness. The school now has a memorial garden in her honour. She was just over 10-years old.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
A day on and I still can't fully understand it. I always remember the banter we had on occasions was always amicable and balanced, and 40 is no age to be taken.

Hope no-one gets offended, but to put some perspective into this sad situation with BC, my daughter was friends with a little girl from Playgroup up until she was diagnosed with leukemia. Less than two years later (2012) she succumbed to her illness. The school now has a memorial garden in her honour. She was just over 10-years old.

that is the kind of news that i prefer not to know about...

i don't know if it's weird or not, but I feel a certain sadness, of a person I knew nothing about, only his posts in here...

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I felt quite strange when I started this thread. Not only sad Chris losing his life but for bringing sad news to the forum. To see how it affected you all was quite strange to experience. It was nice howerver that it showed what an impact Big Chris has had on us and what a man and great person I guess he was.

For anyone interested the band are going to be paying their respects to their fallen commrade here.

https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/1899