Sad news regarding a fellow forum poster.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have just had a post in my Facebook feed from Drumwright. A shop very prominent in the world of drumming music.

One of the guys you may have seen posting on the What Hi-Fi forum known as Big Chris has been killed in an accident at work. See link.

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-06-28/designs-of-chaos-shattered-by-drummer-s-death

Having just made an acquaintence of him on my Deathmetal Hi-Fi thread it is sad to find this out. He along with his band were on the cusp of a dream I am still trying the achieve myself and make it as a professional musician.

My thoughts go out to his wife and family along with his band mates whome I'm sure are hurting and in a state of shock.

R.I.P. Big Chris :cry: :boohoo:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This is shattering news and puts what's important into perspective.

My deepest sympathy goes to his family and his band (which were really starting to get recognized).

I for one will miss his presence on here.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What shocking news. That's terrible.

He was one of the most likable and friendly characters on here. I'm sure he will be missed by many of the WHF forum members.

RIP BigChris

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
This is truly shocking news, a matter of days since Chris and his wife celebrated their 40th birthday.

An incredibly sad day for all his family and friends.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely terrible news - even though I never met him, we exchanged a few messages throughout our years here and this has made me quite emotional.

Thoughts definitely with his family and friends.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
It's always tragic when someone dies before their time, particularly when it's because of an accident at work. I've experienced it on several occasions and my sympathy goes out to not only his family but also his workmates who may have been with him at the time.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
EDITED :cry:

Always seemed like such a chilled, easy going fellow. I always enjoyed his contribution, and although I never met him, I felt like I knew the guy. Tragic and shocking. My thoughts go out to his family

D

Deleted member 2457

No way, I can't believe it! Thoughts go out to his family and friends. He was a really nice guy. RIP Big Chris. You will be missed.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Didn't think I could feel so stunned about news of someone I'd only met online. This is terrible news. As others have said, one of the nicest, most decent and helpful posters on the forum. If he was anything like that in real life it is no wonder those that knew him are devastated. Awful.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Just read this on the offchance and, like others, devastating!!!.

I only spoke to him on here a couple of times and it was always cordial. My heart goes out to the family and the other band members. What the hell do they all do now??.

Things like this make the world seem an unjust place. Always seems to happen to the gooduns.

RIP Chris.