russ andrews superior mains ring cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if it is ok to use russ andrews superior mains ring, witch has 16 woven hyper-pure copper conductors insulated with teflon and a central earth core, to make up your own mains leads

A

Anonymous

I think it would be better not to bother, mainly from a safety angle but also because it's pointless.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Jim Highfield:I think it would be better not to bother, mainly from a safety angle but also because it's pointless.

But surely the Russ Andrews website wouldn't lie?

Russ Andrews web site:
Russ Andrews Superior Ring Main cable is our best cable for the job, using the highest purity copper and insulation. Your system will sound sweeter and more natural, rhythmic and musical.

John Duncan

I'm staying out of this - though to counter the 'safety' argument, that would suggest we should never change a plug..........

Look at www.audusa.com (based in Kingston), who can provide you everything you need to do what you want, at good prices.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I'm staying out of this - though to counter the 'safety' argument, that would suggest we should never change a plug..........

Look at www.audusa.com (based in Kingston), who can provide you everything you need to do what you want, at good prices.

Well to be fair, the RA website does say this job needs to be carried out by a qualified electrician. It's quite a step from changing a plug...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Wiring in the house, yes - not creating a mains plug with a length of it and a plug on either end, shirley?

Ah yes, I sort of forgot the OP... doh!
Seems utterly pointless to me.

John Duncan

Yeah but that's a different thread
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I was thinking the russ andrews mains ring, seems to be the exact make up of the russ andrews reference powerkord wich also has 16 woven hyper-pure copper conductors insulated with teflon at 125 pound. Thus thinking i could make up the rference powerkord on the cheap, what do you think.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Dougie 2:I was thinking the russ andrews mains ring, seems to be the exact make up of the russ andrews reference powerkord wich also has 16 woven hyper-pure copper conductors insulated with teflon at 125 pound. Thus thinking i could make up the rference powerkord on the cheap, what do you think.

Give it a try. Then blind test it, and post your results. If you burn your house down, I didn't say that.

A

Anonymous

It is the same wiring that is used, minus the outer sleeving. Also without the superclamp fitted inside the plug, I do believe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts