Running in a new system

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
My new separates system is about to be delivered and i am aware it will not sound at its best until it is run in. I would prefer this to happen when i am not in. Will it be a problem if i set up a cd to replay again and again and leave it on for 9 hours while i am at work? Is there any particular type of music that i should use?

A

Anonymous

I have just purchased a new amplifier, and the manual says that it will not reach its best performance until it has been on for a month. Now I think it sounds brilliant already, so it can only get better I can hardly wait.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shep1968"]My new separates system is about to be delivered and i am aware it will not sound at its best until it is run in. I would prefer this to happen when i am not in. Will it be a problem if i set up a cd to replay again and aga
in and leave it on for 9 hours while i am at work? Is there any particular type of music that i should use?[/quote]

Hi m8, its your speakers that are goint to need the most running in. Good idea to set a cd player up but I wouldnt use your new one m8. When i got my system i hooked a cheap tuner up and let it run all day. It wont make a difference what type of music or at what volume you use as long as they are being driven

All the best
Simon

A

Anonymous

You can leave the cd player on repeat.That's the quickest way to burn it in. If you want to run in your speakers you can wire them out of phase which allows them to run but they will not make much noise.You can go out knowing you won't disturb anyone.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shep1968"]Disturbing anybody wont be a problem, we are detached. Is it ok to leave an amp, speakers and cd player on normal volume for around 9 hours straight?[/quote]

You will run the system in exactly the same way if the volume is set at one or at 7. As long as the speakers are being driven by a source it doesn't matter m8

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Fraziel"]You can leave the cd player on repeat.That's the quickest way to burn it in. If you want to run in your speakers you can wire them out of phase which allows them to run but they will not make much noise.You can go out knowing you won't disturb anyone.[/quote]

What do you mean 'out of phase'?

A

Anonymous

You connect one speaker up to your amp normally but the other speaker is connected out of phase.To do that you connect the speaker cable, at the speaker end, up differently.The red goes to black and the black to red at the speaker end. You then get one speaker pushing and one pulling.For some reason even when you turn up the amp, you get very little volume but the drivers are still working as normal.iI is perfectly safe and i have seen it mentioned in what hi fi? and hi fi choice many times over the years.I have also done it myself. The volume setting can affect how quickly you run in a speaker.At higher volume the drivers are moving further and this helps to loosen them up more quickly.The running in of the crossover and cable inside should take take the same time regardless of volume setting.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shep1968"]Disturbing anybody wont be a problem, we are detached. Is it ok to leave an amp, speakers and cd player on normal volume for around 9 hours straight?[/quote]

Don't see why not.Many amps and cd players are designed to be left on standby all the time to keep the circuits warm.

A

Anonymous

i've just been running in new MA BR5's the reciever has been on since wednesday lunch have'nt had any problems

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts