Rubbish day at penguin towers

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
No. Got outpatemce with the cardio dept. To keep an eye on things. And I've been prescribed beta blockers.
Back home earlier on Sunday. A few days rehab at home then should be back to normal. Very tired though.

No obvious ticker issues but the hospital are arranging regular check ups with out patience...

Pleased to be home. \o/

My brother had some devastating news over the weekend.

He went to Dorset with my siss-in-law on Friday morning. On Saturday morning my nieces went round to pick up a few things from his garage and the front door was wide open.

They called the Police but had to wait outside until my bro got home. After forensics had finished the whole of the upstairs resembled a bomb site. All the wardrobes had been ripped from the walls and every bedroom was doused in bleach. Everything upstairs was destroyed from either bleach or broken. They were only looking for cash and jewellery.

The Police said they are organised gangs and it's happened elsewhere in the Surrey/Hampshire vicinity, within a 5 mile radius of my bros home.

What's this world coming to?

My brother had some devastating news over the weekend.

He went to Dorset with my siss-in-law on Friday morning. On Saturday morning my nieces went round to pick up a few things from his garage and the front door was wide open.

They called the Police but had to wait outside until my bro got home. After forensics had finished the whole of the upstairs resembled a bomb site. All the wardrobes had been ripped from the walls and every bedroom was doused in bleach. Everything upstairs was destroyed from either bleach or broken. They were only looking for cash and jewellery.

The Police said they are organised gangs and it's happened elsewhere in the Surrey/Hampshire vicinity, within a 5 mile radius of my bros home.

What's this world coming to?
It's awful! Your home is the place where you feel most secure and safe. An incident like this affects that feeling significantly. Hope they get sorted soon and put this behind them.

I would’ve thought breaking into houses for cash would be an increasingly disappointing pastime these days.

Been looking at security myself recently, and I have to admit I haven’t heard of many break ins to hifi stores these days, last one I know of was about 10 years ago (ish). It’s just not a desirable thing nowadays like it used to be, even with the price rises over the past 5 years or so…

Most breaking and entering crimes around here are more for grabbing car keys and taking cars rather than anything else.

jjbomber

I would’ve thought breaking into houses for cash would be an increasingly disappointing pastime these days.

Most breaking and entering crimes around here are more for grabbing car keys and taking cars rather than anything else.
My friend's house was burgled earlier this month and it was nearly all jewellery that was stolen. That is the second one this yera. Last time they broke into the garage and stole her disability scooter.

Back home earlier on Sunday. A few days rehab at home then should be back to normal. Very tired though.

No obvious ticker issues but the hospital are arranging regular check ups with out patience...

Pleased to be home. \o/
At last some good news.

Visited the GPs last week. Early July I had a scan done on my heart and it's taken 5 months for the hospital to come back with the results, after months of pestering the GP and the hospital. In that time I was stressing myself on the outcome, scared to exercise just in case.

Anyway the results are everything is normal, heart size (they were looking at possible dilation); no deviation in beats and their were tons of technical words I didn't understand. The GP asked me if I wanted a copy of the hospital letter. No point as most of it I didn't understand it.

The only thing they found was a very slight decline of the valves, but that's normal for someone of my age. I can exercise as normal, work as normal. The hospital have discharged me as the scan was only precautionary.

The GP is keeping me on the meds. They can only put it down to a combo of alcohol, the heat on that day married to a massive panic attack.

I'm putting it all behind me now.

Things have turned grim over the last few weeks. Mrs. P is having psychological issues, she's cancelled our Broardband account so I'm using my mobile data sparingly until it's reinstalled on the 8th. She's seeing a doctor on Monday. Hopefully they can pinpoint what's going on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts