Ruark Crusder II

MrBangle

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have Crusader Ruark II speakers with two Tag Mclaren Mono Amps but I really need more bass. What speakers are equivalent to the ruarks in sound quality but provide more bass? Alternatively I would like to add a subwoofer. Any recommendations?

My Setup

Marantz CD-17 CD player, Audiolab 8000Q pre amp, 2x TagMclaren F3 Series Monobloc 125m and a Linn LK140 Amp

Could it be my Pre-amp? I have checked all connections and wiring and all is in order.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
MrBangle said:
Hi Guys

I have Crusader Ruark II speakers with two Tag Mclaren Mono Amps but I really need more bass. What speakers are equivalent to the ruarks in sound quality but provide more bass? Alternatively I would like to add a subwoofer. Any recommendations?

My Setup

Marantz CD-17 CD player, Audiolab 8000Q pre amp, 2x TagMclaren F3 Series Monobloc 125m and a Linn LK140 Amp

Could it be my Pre-amp? I have checked all connections and wiring and all is in order.
I used to run an Audiolab 8000a + 8000px I changed them for my m6i and the bass was there in spades my cd player at the time was a marantz cd17 ki sig so I am sure the audiolab combination may be your problem I am sure others will give you a range of options:) :)

MrBangle

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I'd much rather add a sub or change the pre-amp if it makes a difference. Getting a another pair of speakers is my last resort.

MrBangle

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Alears said:
If you are using your system for stereo only and if your budget stretches to it buy a pair of REL TZeros and place them close to your existing speakers.

And if I could only get one REL sub which would it be?

999man

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
MrBangle said:
Hi Guys

My Setup

Couldn't resist mentioning the system I had based around Crusader II speakers about 10 years ago. I had an incredible sound, especially in the bass department. I Had a Mark Levinson 390S directly connected (with a Chord Reference - important!) into a Krell KSA-100MK2 Power amp. I actually had a little too much bass, then I later noticed a review on the 390s that mentioned a slightly exaggerated bass!

The crusaders where actually the weak part of the system by now, and I called an ATC main dealer who was local to me at the time to come and appraise my system with a view of upgrading the speakers.. The chap arrived next evening, so I played a track up loud so he could hear everything. After about 30 seconds, he turned the volume down and to my utter amazement, he stated "You only got me round here to show how good your system was", and he made his own way out the door......

Sadly had to sell it all soon after, but I'm now back in the market from scratch, and nothing I've heard at the dealers comes close to that setup with the Ruarks.

999man

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't resist mentioning the system I had based around Crusader II speakers about 10 years ago. I had an incredible sound, especially in the bass department. I Had a Mark Levinson 390S directly connected (with a Chord Reference - important!) into a Krell KSA-100MK2 Power amp. I actually had a little too much bass, then I later noticed a review on the 390s that mentioned a slightly exaggerated bass!

The crusaders where actually the weak part of the system by now, and I called an ATC main dealer who was local to me at the time to come and appraise my system with a view of upgrading the speakers.. The chap arrived next evening, so I played a track up loud so he could hear everything. After about 30 seconds, he turned the volume down and to my utter amazement, he stated "You only got me round here to show how good your system was", and he made his own way out the door......

Sadly had to sell it all soon after, but I'm now back in the market from scratch, and nothing I've heard at the dealers comes close to that setup with the Ruarks.

K

keeper of the quays

MrBangle said:
I'd much rather add a sub or change the pre-amp if it makes a difference. Getting a another pair of speakers is my last resort.
add a sub..job done!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts