Rp1 performance pack upgrade

Smithysmith99

Jul 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,
I feel my long term system is in need of an upgrade.
Currently an rp1 with performance pack (bias2) a vintage technics su 7300 and roksan kandy tr5 s2 speakers.

I'm probably going to upgrade the amp to an audiolab 6000a. Which I think would be a good match for the tr5s.

I feel the turntable would be the weak link at this point? and would be looking to upgrade this too. Would I be better off upgrading the rp1 itself or just purchasing a p2 or p3? Trying to keep a good balance of components.

daytona600

Last edited:
Welcome! Yes, if the LP is your main or only source then get the best turntable you can afford and worry about the amp later. If you’d consider used, there’s always a big choice of P3 or Planar 3 Regas for sale.

The Pro-ject range mentioned above is great too.

Last edited:

Smithysmith99

Jul 24, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't really considered moving away from rega but that project debut pro looks to be nicely specced. I think with the 6000a and the tr5s it would make a nice little system.

Reactions: Al ears
Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't really considered moving away from rega but that project debut pro looks to be nicely specced. I think with the 6000a and the tr5s it would make a nice little system.
the Project deck mentioned has a lot more upgrade potential than a Rega and is excellent as it stands. If you are happy with your speakers then, with an analogue setup, the source quality is everything, that means the best cartridge you can afford.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts