Rotel RA-04 or Marantz PM6003?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Rotel RA-04 or Marantz PM6003? Both have similarly great reviews and are also similar in price! I have to choose one.. and I'm really quite stumped! What do you think?I'm thinking maybe my musical taste will decide it?I'm very into Jazz music, especially contemporary jazz like Ornette Coleman, Django Bates, Polar Bear, Kit Downes, Bill Frisell...I listen to a fair bit of accordion music - and love how accordions can sound recorded well and on a good hi fi, Dave Douglas' album 'a thousand evenings' is a good reference for that.As I am an accordion and piano player it makes sense that I also love to hear solo piano played through a good hi fi, take Keith Jarrett's Koln concert for example!I also love electroacoustic music like that of Aphex Twin and Kid KoalaCurrent set up is a pair of Wharfedale speakers and Pioneer PL112D Turntable, but I'd like to get an amp that will live through an upgrade of that gear in future!Thanks Hi Fiers!

Rotel RA-04 or Marantz PM6003? Both have similarly great reviews and are also similar in price! I have to choose one.. and I'm really quite stumped! What do you think?

I'm thinking maybe my musical taste will decide it?I'm very into Jazz music, especially contemporary jazz like Ornette Coleman, Django Bates, Polar Bear, Kit Downes, Bill Frisell...I listen to a fair bit of accordion music - and love how accordions can sound recorded well and on a good hi fi, Dave Douglas' album 'a thousand evenings' is a good reference for that.As I am an accordion and piano player it makes sense that I also love to hear solo piano played through a good hi fi, take Keith Jarrett's Koln concert for example!I also love electroacoustic music like that of Aphex Twin and Kid Koala

Current set up is a pair of Wharfedale speakers and Pioneer PL112D Turntable, but I'd like to get an amp that will live through an upgrade of that gear in future!

Thanks Hi Fiers!

matthewpiano

I think I'd lean towards the Marantz as a very gregarious partner and great all-rounder but both are excellent amplifiers and you really won't go wrong with either. I presume you are buying used as both are now discontinued. The Marantz has been replaced by the PM6004 and the Rotel has been replaced by the RA-10.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts