Roskan Kandy - Better than anything else?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have really been all over the place about looking at amplifiers recently, and have (hopefully) come to the conclusion that I'm going to spend more than previously though. I'm looking at under £600, which I can get a Roskan Kandy L.111 for. Check my signiture for other equipment. I want something that is not bright, but quite powerful. Is the Roskan really as good as they say?!? Will it be a big improvement over my JVC A-X400? Many thanks!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It would be handy to know what kind of music you listen to

Personally, with that current set-up i'd save £££ and go for a 2nd hand, decent Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp off Ebay and look at the possibility of adding the power amp in the future.

There have been some v good examples of the Alpha 10 on Ebay recently.

A

Anonymous

the Arcam CD73 goes well with the kandy. I used that combo for doing some speaker demo's recently.I liked the kandy but would not say i was blown away by it considering the price.It is upgradeable though as you can buy a power amp. What about the new nad c355bee that is about to be unleashed?No reviews as of yet ,and not even sure its on sale yet, but if its a typical nad it could be rather good with bags of power. I imagine it will be somewhere about £380-£450

A

Anonymous

I recently picked up an older Roskan KA-1 and its just superb! I had an Arcam A75plus and enjoyed it but just fancied trying another amp. The Roksan absolutely kicks the Arcam all over the place. I generally listen to Radiohead, UNKLE, Kings Of Leon and find the Roksan with huge scale and it still manages to digs out more detail than the Arcam did.

I run it with some BR2's and find it a little bright but intend to replace those with some 685's soon which should sort the brightness out!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="AdamLoewy"]I recently picked up an older Roskan KA-1 and its just superb! I had an Arcam A75plus and enjoyed it but just fancied trying another amp. The Roksan absolutely kicks the Arcam all over the place. I generally listen to Radiohead, UNKLE, Kings Of Leon and find the Roksan with huge scale and it still manages to digs out more detail than the Arcam did.

I run it with some BR2's and find it a little bright but intend to replace those with some 685's soon which should sort the brightness out![/quote]

Well if you want to know what I listen to...Adam must be my long lost brother! ha ha ha! Hmm....That Nad will be impressive! Anybody know whether it will be at the Bristol show?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts