Room Amp

EDM

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I have recently moved house and the new one has obviously had a multiroom sound system fitted at one time as there are In-ceiling speakers fitted in 5 rooms with the speaker cables running back to a cupboard under the stairs.

Could anyone recomend an amp that I could use with the speakers. Either small individual room amp's or a multizone one? As long as I can manage them from a tablet I'm happy. Services I'd run through it are probably Chromecast Audio or similar. But I'd also play music via a media centre.

The best sounds quality i can get without spending mega bucks.

Thanks for your help.

Hifi Sound

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Sonos, Denon Heos and Bluesound all do products that would run the speakers and all have dedicated apps.

You'll have to see if the prices are what you're looking to spend though.

EDM

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

It sounds like I'd need a seperate Amp for each set of speakers. Which is going to get very expensive,

Or am I miss understanding how these things work?

Thanks

Ed

Hifi Sound

May 6, 2016
Visit site
You will need a seperate zone amplifier for each set of speakers you want to control individually.

Denon do a someting called a Heos Drive which has four zones in one box and saves you money over buying four seperate Heos amps. Sonos do a connect amp which is capable of running two sets of speakers, if you don't mind two rooms playing the same thing at the same time, which may be a way of keeping costs down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts