Room 101

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
...and undertaking which is blooming dangerous and illegal and often caused by people forgetting that Lane 2 is also an overtaking Lane.
Unfortunately undertaking is not illegal in certain circumstances.....
It is an advisory and no specific laws against it. We have used in the past when, under bluew lights, the guy in the outside lane of a bypass has refused to move left.

Last edited:

WayneKerr

I certainly don't act my age.
Been told by many that I don't either, but this is purely a mental age image, physically I am definitely starting to feel it. A little story to explain:

I enjoy golf, even though I'm cr*p at it, but lately I don't like playing in winter, too cold, too wet. Bear in mind I probably walk about 6 miles around a golf course when I play, yes I'm a zig-zag golfer.

I started looking around for something to occupy me during the winter months and happened on snooker after playing a few frames with an ex-work colleague 6 weeks ago, (haven't played in 30+ years). Anyway, joined my local snooker club, which is about 2 miles from my house, and thought I'd recommission my push-bike as it's too far to walk but not far enough to drive.

Haven't ridden the bike in over 10 years so set about making it roadworthy, including fitting lights, mudguards, etc. Last week decide to see if I could still ride it... saddle is a bit tall... lowered to lowest setting... I still can't swing my leg over the ruddy seat! I have to find a kerb to mount the damned thing! Went for a ride around the estate, probably about 3/4 mile... absolutely kn*ackered me out! Think my bright idea may need some build-up before I attempt the 2 mile ride to the snooker club!

Back in the 80's I used to ride competitively for a local cycling club :ROFLMAO:

Been told by many that I don't either, but this is purely a mental age image, physically I am definitely starting to feel it. A little story to explain:

I enjoy golf, even though I'm cr*p at it, but lately I don't like playing in winter, too cold, too wet. Bear in mind I probably walk about 6 miles around a golf course when I play, yes I'm a zig-zag golfer.

I started looking around for something to occupy me during the winter months and happened on snooker after playing a few frames with an ex-work colleague 6 weeks ago, (haven't played in 30+ years). Anyway, joined my local snooker club, which is about 2 miles from my house, and thought I'd recommission my push-bike as it's too far to walk but not far enough to drive.

Haven't ridden the bike in over 10 years so set about making it roadworthy, including fitting lights, mudguards, etc. Last week decide to see if I could still ride it... saddle is a bit tall... lowered to lowest setting... I still can't swing my leg over the ruddy seat! I have to find a kerb to mount the damned thing! Went for a ride around the estate, probably about 3/4 mile... absolutely kn*ackered me out! Think my bright idea may need some build-up before I attempt the 2 mile ride to the snooker club!

Back in the 80's I used to ride competitively for a local cycling club :ROFLMAO:
Mmm... never played golf, only tried pitch and putt about 35 years ago. Not my thing.

Used to like playing snooker but I was rubbish. Think my top break was no more than 3 balls of various colours.

Not keen on walking except across our large common - wild deer, rabbits, horses and a few cows - it's literally a few yards from our doorstep.

Attachments

• 20200421_123308.jpg
    20200421_123308.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200421_123240.jpg
    20200421_123240.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200421_121500.jpg
    20200421_121500.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 4

Gray

Audiophile earphones cable being stupidly long. Why does the cable for audiophile earphones have to be so long?
Better too long than too short 😉
They make them around 3metres for home use, where the length can be lost if necessary. Not so good for portable of course - and the reason they supply shorter cables with outdoor headphones.

(I've got 1.2m and 3m lengths for mine).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts