Roksan Oxygene Amp/CDP

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
knaithrover said:
drummerman said:
knaithrover said:
Vladimir said:
drummerman said:
I hope you will enjoy them for years. Certainly a design statement.

May I be ueber critical for a moment? - I love the casing but I really, really do not like the feet.

I personally would replace them immediately :)

Fully understand if others think differently.

My very first thoughts when I first saw them. Something more discrete and customized would be an improvement.

Agree on the feet, they could do with being half the height....Where I'm sat I can see straight through to the wires hanging down at the back and it is bugging me!!!! On a plus point my wife loves the look generally a big improvement on 'ugly boxes'.

That's about six times.

Your wife must really love them :)

Not too much on the Tube about them but what there is sounds promising.

As to feet, it should be easy to find something a little more sympathetic to the design.

It's just something Roksan don't do looking at their other offerings.

Jeez I only posted it once........what a clunky low tech site this is - quite ironic really.

Say again......

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:
drummerman said:
knaithrover said:
Vladimir said:
drummerman said:
I hope you will enjoy them for years. Certainly a design statement.

May I be ueber critical for a moment? - I love the casing but I really, really do not like the feet.

I personally would replace them immediately :)

Fully understand if others think differently.

My very first thoughts when I first saw them. Something more discrete and customized would be an improvement.

Agree on the feet, they could do with being half the height....Where I'm sat I can see straight through to the wires hanging down at the back and it is bugging me!!!! On a plus point my wife loves the look generally a big improvement on 'ugly boxes'.

That's about six times.

Your wife must really love them :)

Not too much on the Tube about them but what there is sounds promising.

As to feet, it should be easy to find something a little more sympathetic to the design.

It's just something Roksan don't do looking at their other offerings.

Jeez I only posted it once........what a clunky low tech site this is - quite ironic really.

Say again......

When replacement of tantalum capacitors is due on your TE gear, ask Tom if blue drop tantalums are better than these gold ones. I see CDP tweakers love those blue ones for some reason. No idea if it changes anything. Upper echelon Naim use them as well.

Christy81

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys please tell me question to the oxygene combo owners if amp and cdp included separately remote control? Got my silver combo while ago and only amp included remote, roksan dealer said that is correct but I've seen someones selling cdp and including remote. Please clean my doubts.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys. Finally got a silver oxygen CD player to match my oxygen amp. Think I got the last two from Richer Sounds and £700 a piece so I believe I got a good deal. Question is a simple one. For you guys with this system, which interconnect do you use between the amp and CD player? What sort of price should I use as a rule of thumb - used the 10% cable cost rule in the past - given the massive difference between the price I paid and the original list price wnere should I be pitching things!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys. Finally got a silver oxygen CD player to match my oxygen amp. Think I got the last two from Richer Sounds and £700 a piece so I believe I got a good deal. Question is a simple one. For you guys with this system, which interconnect do you use between the amp and CD player? What sort of price should I use as a rule of thumb - used the 10% cable cost rule in the past - given the massive difference between the price I paid and the original list price wnere should I be pitching things!

TRENDING THREADS