Roksan Kandy K2 amp & Dynaudio focus 110. good match?

A

Anonymous

Yep, it certainly will. The Kandy amps have enough guts to drive virtually anything. My K1 Liii is currently driving a pair of AE2's very compentently. I note the WHF review of the 110's says they can be a touch bass heavy, whether that would cause a problem with the Roksan I dont know - it may need some careful speaker positioning.

As always try it out if you can.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
It should drive these comfortably. In terms of the sound, I haven't heard this combo but it should work quite nicely - have you managed to listen to it or borrow one yet to try? Always a good idea before buying speakers!

jalaba

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it's up for audition after the holiday. will definitely try my roksan on it before coming to a decision. haven't tried any dynes before. I'm also wondering if they would be good for rock/metal music. it's a 10 hour drive to have an audition so i would like to hear from those who had been using the focus 110, feedback from those who own it would be highly appreciated. .

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i had focus 110s with a kandy L.lll, it couldn't control the bass. the k2 might be better, but i would not buy without trying first, the focus 110s require a shedload of current to control them. great speakers though, when correctly matched.

jalaba

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
will definitely audition it with my k2 before buying. how better is the focus 110 compared to the b&w685 or the monitor audio br5? might let go one of these speakers if i get the focus 110. if i happen to like it. too much bass maybe avoided by proper speaker placement.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i think the bass is strong but not overdone, if the amp has proper control of them. they also need about 50cm free space behind them. i think they are much better speakers then either of the ones you mention.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts