Roksan K2 with B&W XT 4`s??

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I have the B&W`s, fabulous. Would the Roksan K2 (for sale at 350 euros) work well with them? Also, would it be possible to add a subwoofer? The B&W PV1? Only music, no home cinema. Thank you.

gisgillen said:
Hi! I have the B&W`s, fabulous. Would the Roksan K2 (for sale at 350 euros) work well with them? Also, would it be possible to add a subwoofer? The B&W PV1? Only music, no home cinema. Thank you.

The amp is good and neutral and should match well, however, if you need to add a subwoofer to the system then you haver, in my opinion, got the wrong speakers to start with.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I've always thought roksan are all about power and muscle and all out bass, not the subtlest amps in the world. Not the best for detail too. I'd avoid and check out other brands, if you are either a roksan owner in the past or own roksan stuff.

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
HI. Current system : Denon DRA 700AE receiver (80 watts rms per channel) Denon DVD/CD 1930 Bowers and Wilkins XT 4`s Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable with Ortofon VMS 20E MkII. (Bought in 1976!) Not sure if there would be a lot of difference with the Roksan? Thanks for your reply

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

No I'd agree you don't want to be buying some of that 80s looking stuff. And anyway it would go wrong.

rainsoothe

gisgillen said:
HI. Current system : Denon DRA 700AE receiver (80 watts rms per channel) Denon DVD/CD 1930 Bowers and Wilkins XT 4`s Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable with Ortofon VMS 20E MkII. (Bought in 1976!) Not sure if there would be a lot of difference with the Roksan? Thanks for your reply

I haven't heard the Denon, but general consensus is that, usually, dedicated 2 channel amplifiers outperform similarly priced reciever counterparts, let alone a stereo amp in a higher price bracket. So the Roksan should be an improvement (but only you can decide that), and, if you don't like it, you can sell it for little to no loss, so win-win imo.

rainsoothe said:
gisgillen said:

I haven't heard the Denon, but general consensus is that, usually, dedicated 2 channel amplifiers outperform similarly priced reciever counterparts, let alone a stereo amp in a higher price bracket. So the Roksan should be an improvement (but only you can decide that), and, if you don't like it, you can sell it for little to no loss, so win-win imo.

Perhaps you should be made aware that the Denon is a two channel amplifier.... in is not multichannel. The word receiver is sometimes misconstrued and here it simply means it has an added circuit for DAB radio and is not something for home theatre use.

As such it is similar in quality to the 720AE amplifier.

Having heard the K2 on a couple of occasions, I would say they need a open and detailed sounding speaker. This is where my logic stops short: I've not had any experience of XT4 speakers.

The K2, although gutsy and powerful, the bass and lower midrange can sound rolled-off a little.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts