Richard Allan Dimension five 4 floor standing speakers

FreddieNY

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
hi everyone,
I am interested in a pair of Richard Allan Dimension five 4 floor standing speakers that a local guy is selling however I am struggling to find much information about them anywhere and commit to buying them. I was just wondering if anyone else has experience with these speakers and if you might share you opinion ,plus stats if you know them, with me. Im struggling to attach a photo of them but they will come up of google images if you just search the name.
Thanks a lot

As you say not much on the web about them apart from possible age, original price and maximum power handling.
I would suggest they would be fairly efficient speakers that might need a medium to large room.
is there no information on the back plate of these speakers?
what do you propose driving them with?

FreddieNY

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
As you say not much on the web about them apart from possible age, original price and maximum power handling.
I would suggest they would be fairly efficient speakers that might need a medium to large room.
is there no information on the back plate of these speakers?
what do you propose driving them with?
No unfortunately no info on the back plate other than just the name. Out of interest what was the maximum power handling you found? The room i would use them in is quite large and at the moment i would be powering them with a Denon AVR-3806 pure direct.

Is that the same Richard Allan that was a founder of EB Acoustics?
No, that was Richard Allen.
Richard Allan Loudspeakers actually started life as RICHARD ALLAN RADIO LIMITED in 1949. Surprisingly there never was a "RICHARD ALLAN". The name comes from the sons of the two people who formed the company. In the 1990's, it became RICHARD ALLAN AUDIO LIMITED.

Reactions: insider9

insider9

No, that was Richard Allen.
Richard Allan Loudspeakers actually started life as RICHARD ALLAN RADIO LIMITED in 1949. Surprisingly there never was a "RICHARD ALLAN". The name comes from the sons of the two people who formed the company. In the 1990's, it became RICHARD ALLAN AUDIO LIMITED.
Cheers Al! Now I want a pair even if they're no good 😁

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS