• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Reviving yet another set of old speakers

niceaudio123

Jun 4, 2020
Hi guys!

I lately succeeded with the help of this community to upgrade my listening experience with an inexpensive solution (Topping MX3 dac+amp).

Today after my parents heard about my recent upgrade and have gotten a bit jealous - I'm reaching out to you guys again with another very old set of speakers.

Specs:

1600514258989.png

I'm trying to find another suitable, inexpensive dac+amp in one unit, simmilar to the MX3. I kinda wish you'de tell me that the MX3 is sufficient for these speakers as well :) They are located in a medium sized living room. Any opinions?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

niceaudio123

Jun 4, 2020
Why not take your MX3 and try it on the Philips speakers?
No reason why it shouldn't be just as suitable for them as it was for yours.
I was worried about the gap between 40W of the amp and 80W of the speakers but it seems to be working just fine after testing. Thanks!

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
I was worried about the gap between 40W of the amp and 80W of the speakers but it seems to be working just fine after testing. Thanks!
Yes, as you've found, there's no need to worry about that 80W figure, that's just their suggested maximum.
If your parents listening room is cleanly filled (with no distortion), all is well(y)

Reactions: niceaudio123

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts