Reviewing of hifi curiosity

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I often wondered:

1. When hifi magazines review their products do they review them with certain equipment?? have they a benchmark player etc

and

2 Why dont hifi magazines print what they paired the cd player/amp etc with whilst testing for the review.

Just a thought of curiosity

I personally find reviews pointless as there are so many partners to pair them with that the review team would not have time to find the perfect synergy.

Loczki

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Im sure that they do have a benchmark setup and also certain setups for different price ranges, this is just speculation so a real answer would be from one of the very knowledgeable WHF team. But im sure that they dont just take each amp have a 30 sec look/listen and then award it however many stars.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Rich, to say the review pointless is a bit harsh....afterall without hifi mags we wouldn't know how good music system can be. Different room with the same gears can sound so much different, everything can effect the sound, could be your ear's wax or your mood at the time. Even if Clare listed all the reference stuffs that she test the review sample with it still doesn't mean 5 stars products or super duper test winners could be the right one for you.....just use the reviews as a guideline for your short list and trust your ears. PS I am shock to find out that WHF only give Saxon CDP just 1 star!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts