Review of the Pioneer NC50DAB.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Sadly there isn't a review but for what its worth I'm happy to somment. I have one hooked up with a pair of Neat Iota speakers and all I can say is it is excellent. More than enough oomph for a 13 x 13 foot square victorian lounge with high ceilings. Its a superb all in one unit with CD player / DAB and FM tuners - forget the DAB the FM is great. 2 x USB inputs one at front but the one at back is even better as you can plug in directly a portable USB hard drive, mine has 15000 tracks on it and you can play them dead easy. It has an Apple/Android app which is brilliant. Supports Tidal, Deezer and Spotify. It has tone controls (if you want em), and its just a complete all in one unit. Sound is excellent (although the Neat Iotas help immensely there). Plenty auxilliary inputs including a Phono one which is rare to find on this kind of kit.. I think its an absolute bargain for the price £699), The only thing missing is a balance control for left/right speakers which is a tad odd as not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit plumb in the middle. I used a separate external box for this. I have mailed Pioneer to address this issue. Great piece of kit

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Big thanks for review. One thing I need is balance control for left & right speakers, due to my old age. I been thinking about getting Yamaha music cast WXA50, which I know has balance control. But no headphone socket :( .

insider9

Yamaha is a great little device. I've recently got myself Sonos Connect to compare. Must say that Sonos sounds much better via Yamaha's DAC.

In regards to headphone socket on the Yamaha. Yes, it would make it a complete product imho. One good thing about the Yamaha is that it has both line and pre outs. I used the line out to feed my headphone amp and pre outs into my main amp.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep no balance on Pioneer but I bought a break out box off amazon which does the trick, bit of extra wiring but can be hidden away. BIG oversight from Pioneer though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts