Review NAD M25 Power Amplifier, please, What Hi Fi!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know that this Power Amplifier is not a new model, but What Hi Fi has not reviewed this multi-channel Power Amplifier.

Why do I want a review of this unit? Well, because I own one, and I am confident that it is worthy of a 5-star review!

It is superbly-built and looks very good, weighs 43.7kg, has a maximum power consumption of 1,440-watts. NAD claims 7 x 160-watts, with all 7 channels powered simultaneously, 20Hz to 20kHz. As per usual, NAD is extremely conservative with their power out-put claims, and this unit really does deliver big-time on power.

Is it too much to ask What Hi Fi to please review one of these?

Dan.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I asked the same question sometime last year and Claire said nad wasn't offering them for a review (or words similar to that).That goes for all the masters series gear too...Doubt if it will happen now as masters series prices have skyrocketed......I did demo the m5 two channel at home last year at AU$4000 but now it is AU$6000.. i think the price now would most likely reduce its star rating if tested today.

A

Anonymous

The RRP of the NAD M25 has risen by $1,000.00 to $5,999.00 here in Australia. To me, this is still a reasonable price, for an awesome 7-channel Power Amplifier.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the new NAD M15HD Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier. However, my inside sources have informed me that RRP is going to be $8,999.00, when it gets released in the next 8 weeks or so! Crikey!

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
crikey! thats a huge price to pay...Actually all the m series products ,with prices, are on the 'electronic enterprises' site..They are the current models not the yet to be released hd models...www.eeonline.com.au

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Dantan i see you have Krix speakers.i listened to apair of floor standers last year with a rega cdp (appollo ?) and a pre/pwr valve set up it sounded HUGE..They were the lower spec speakers but i forget the model name but preferred them to the higher spec speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate. I shall check out that web-site later.

I own a pair of Krix Neuphonix (current flag-ship, after the Esoterix flag-ship was discontinued some time ago) for my fronts, a matching Krix Epicentrix centre channel loudspeaker, a pair of Krix Phoenix floor-standers for surrounds, and a Krix Seismix 5 sub-woofer.

I think you might have listened to the Krix Phoenix (which replaced the Krix Lyrix Gold), which has a soft dome tweeter that is sandwiched by 2 mid/bass drivers.

The Krix's are very good value-for-money.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Who cares what the WHF review says if you like it..?

You can't go too wrong with NAD Masterclass, IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts