Resistance is futile.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My old faithful Sony Dav-sr1 has finally given up the ghost and needs to be replaced. I am considering replacing it with the Sony str-dg820 ( can get it at a really good price here in Dublin ). I need some advice please on a compact speaker package to match..... needs to be compact as this system is for the bedroom. I really like the Teufel Motiv 3 speaker pack but have one or two reservations. The amp accepts speakers of 8 ohms only and the Motiv 3 speakers are 4 ohms , so my question is will these speakers draw too much current from the amp and essentially "fry" the innerds out of it???.... The system will be connected to the PS3 ( 60gb model ), 40w4000, Dell hybrid 140 pc , and sky box.
Any suggestions for an alternative speaker pack is much appreciated!!!!! My budget is about 500 euro amd the room is approx 20ft by 18ft.

Thanks in advance!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Not many alternatives other than the Jamo's Kef 2005.2 and 2005.3, but i would look at the Tannoy Arena-lites at £399 with out stands and grilles and with TS300 sub. With that size room ideally the Kef 3005se, i know these are far more expensive. If it was me i would look the Kef 2005.3 in silver i think you may get them close to £500, then later you could add the 3005se centre, which will give you better dialogue. Don't know anything about the Teufel's

A

Anonymous

Thanks lobby........ I have considered kef speakers but I cannot audition unless I travel to Cork!!! The nearest retailer is Munster Sounds - a 3 hr drive away. Never considered the Tannoy option - will definitely check those out.

Anyone else have advice on using 4ohm spearers on an 8ohm amp???

Anyone on the WHF team perhaps?...

A

Anonymous

@ ear ;

Had the sr1 about 4 years ( maybe more!! ) , but lately it will only respond to the remote - none of the buttons on the facia will respond when manually toggled. Also experiencing audio drop-out from time to time - discovered the problem lies internally with the speaker connections. I suppose I could have it repaired....... but it`s an ideal excuse to warrant an upgrade. I really like its sound but it would be nice to have HD audio , and at 329 euro the 820 sounds like the ideal replacement.This would leave about 500 euro for a resonable speaker pack. Didn`t make any decisions there yet......... A little more research and a demo or two first I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts