Replacement for Squeezebox Touch?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

i am am currently looking for a replacement for my SBT. I use the DAC from my BP26DA instead of the native DAC in the SBT so it is only a front end "transport" streamer that Iam looking for. My problem is that try as I might I cannot find anything with a control interface as nice to use as Ipeng on my IPad. The only reason I want to replace the SBT is because it takes an age, (15 seconds) to load the artwork etc. for my 1000-ish FLAC albums, followed by occasional drop outs during playback. My SBT is Ethernet connected so cannot understand why this happens, but it does on a regular basis. Any idea for a replacement that is as easy to use and which will provide music with multiple library browsing?

thanks,

G

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
By the way 15 seconds is a long time when compared to The Apple remote App which caches iTunes artwork for instant access. I would go with Apple TV if it was not for the fact that it cannot support multiple libraries on a single NAS. Thanks, G

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
if you have the spare hardware or want to buy one ready made, have a look at the vortexbox software as it uses the squeezebox software for remote control, so you could use the same app on your phone/tablet that you currently use :)

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
You don't say what your server is but that is more likely to be the problem.

I have around 1800 mostly FLAC albums in my library & have no artwork issues with either the Touch or two Radios. So unless the Touch is actually faulty (unlikely), then I'd look at what resources your server has.

TRENDING THREADS