Replacement for Squeezebox Touch?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

i am am currently looking for a replacement for my SBT. I use the DAC from my BP26DA instead of the native DAC in the SBT so it is only a front end "transport" streamer that Iam looking for. My problem is that try as I might I cannot find anything with a control interface as nice to use as Ipeng on my IPad. The only reason I want to replace the SBT is because it takes an age, (15 seconds) to load the artwork etc. for my 1000-ish FLAC albums, followed by occasional drop outs during playback. My SBT is Ethernet connected so cannot understand why this happens, but it does on a regular basis. Any idea for a replacement that is as easy to use and which will provide music with multiple library browsing?

thanks,

G

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
By the way 15 seconds is a long time when compared to The Apple remote App which caches iTunes artwork for instant access. I would go with Apple TV if it was not for the fact that it cannot support multiple libraries on a single NAS. Thanks, G

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
if you have the spare hardware or want to buy one ready made, have a look at the vortexbox software as it uses the squeezebox software for remote control, so you could use the same app on your phone/tablet that you currently use :)

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
You don't say what your server is but that is more likely to be the problem.

I have around 1800 mostly FLAC albums in my library & have no artwork issues with either the Touch or two Radios. So unless the Touch is actually faulty (unlikely), then I'd look at what resources your server has.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts