Question Replacement for B&W DM603 s2s

p1lfc

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Looking for advice please.

Having moved my Hifi into my study, because I'm spending most of my life in there due to working from home. I'm looking for standmounted speaker suggestions to replace my B&W DM603 S2s (which I loved) due to size restrictions.

I do have a vinyl collection but mainly play digital formats from my PC through a CA DAC Magic 100 into a Rega Brio amp. Local FLAC files & streaming from Qobuz.

So with a budget of £400-£500 I was thinking of the used market (Not adverse the buying new either). I have heard and like B&Ws CM5 S2s, but listened to very little else.

Music taste is quite wide - Pink Floyd, Pete Gabriel, Artic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran, Pearl Jam etc etc (Even the odd bit of jazz and classical)

Any suggestions? :)

rainsoothe

Hi. Always safest bet is to get what you heard and liked - but in any case you should try to audition the stuff you're considering. If buying new, the new B&W 600 series is also well worth considering, and so would be Triangle's BR03. If floorstanders are an option, a sh pair of Dali Oberon 5 might be a great match. Also, on the SH market, Focal Aria 906 (these are more forgiving withpostioning) or Revel Concerta 2 M16 (these do need space and are pretty big, though).

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site

Having moved my Hifi into my study, because I'm spending most of my life in there due to working from home. I'm looking for standmounted speaker suggestions to replace my B&W DM603 S2s (which I loved) due to size restrictions.

I do have a vinyl collection but mainly play digital formats from my PC through a CA DAC Magic 100 into a Rega Brio amp. Local FLAC files & streaming from Qobuz.

So with a budget of £400-£500 I was thinking of the used market (Not adverse the buying new either). I have heard and like B&Ws CM5 S2s, but listened to very little else.

Music taste is quite wide - Pink Floyd, Pete Gabriel, Artic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran, Pearl Jam etc etc (Even the odd bit of jazz and classical)

KEF Q350

Soundman1

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site

i would look at something like either B&W dm110 or DM602s

Soundman1

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site

Something like B&Ws dm602s or dm110s they are stand mount speakers but offer quite a bit of bass

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts