Amplifier for 3.1 B&W 6 series setup.

Andrei889

Jun 6, 2021
Visit site
Hi, guys. Just got my B&W 603, with 600 series central channel. Plugged them to Yamaha A2, but looking for amp. My budget up to 1.5k, what amp you can suggestions in this price range? I’m listening Moby, Ac/Dc, queen, depeche mode etc. I have typical living room around 120-150 sq.f. I also plan to expand the system to 5.1, but this will not be passed in the near future. The receiver is only needed for listening to 2.0 stereo.
thanks

No point in buying a 2.1 amplifier now if you eventually aim to go 5.1, stick to pure stereo until you can afford that home cinema AV amp
Also, as this forum is international, it is a good idea to state 1.5k what.
also the Yamaha A2 is a motorbike so presumably you mean you currently have them plugged into an RX-A2A so do you intend to replace this or are you looking for a two channel amplifier purely to drive the fronts?
I am confused, please provide more details.

Last edited:

Andrei889

Jun 6, 2021
Visit site
No point in buying a 2.1 amplifier now if you eventually aim to go 5.1, stick to pure stereo until you can afford that home cinema AV amp
Also, as this forum is international, it is a good idea to state 1.5k what.
also the Yamaha A2 is a motorbike so presumably you mean you currently have them plugged into an RX-A2A so do you intend to replace this or are you looking for a two channel amplifier purely to drive the fronts?
I am confused, please provide more details.
Correct I have Yamaha a2a receiver, I'm in California so my budget in USA $ :) and one more time you’re right, I'm looking AMP to drive only my fronts .
Thank you, and sorry for misunderstood.

D

Deleted member 116933

Correct I have Yamaha a2a receiver, I'm in California so my budget in USA $ :) and one more time you’re right, I'm looking AMP to drive only my fronts .

I’d buy second hand for now. Arcam pioneer Yamaha rotel. Then buy what you really want when you know how much power and space you have.

or buy a cheap stereo amp like nad, rotel and so on.

you have a reasonable amp in the Yamaha. Adding a two channel amplifier is only going to complicate issues of compatibility when you want to add the extra channels, unless you intend to sell It on when you go 5.1

Andrei889

Jun 6, 2021
Visit site
you have a reasonable amp in the Yamaha. Adding a two channel amplifier is only going to complicate issues of compatibility when you want to add the extra channels, unless you intend to sell It on when you go 5.1
By the time I decide to switch to 5.1, I plan to switch completely to a components system, with a preamp, and most likely will sell receiver.

By the time I decide to switch to 5.1, I plan to switch completely to a components system, with a preamp, and most likely will sell receiver.
in that case just buy a cheapish second hand amplifier along the lines of those already suggested by millenia_one or whatever you can find where you live to simply drive a stereo pair and forget the centre speaker.

TRENDING THREADS