replacement cd

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are just looking at pure CD replay then maybe not so much has changed. However you can get players these days that do so much more e.g. can be used as a DAC, play SACD, DVD, BluRay, play internet radio, use music and video streaming services, play networked music files etc. etc.

ardtullaich said:
is it time to replace my Meridian 208 cd player? How far as cd replay come in the last twenty years. what would be a good replacement?

Anything wrong with your 208 or was it just a question?

You have a digital-out so you could invest in a new DAC and use the 208 as a transport.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
ardtullaich said:
is it time to replace my Meridian 208 cd player? How far as cd replay come in the last twenty years. what would be a good replacement?

At the start, the DAC chips had some problems with highspeed transient, and, sometimes, jitter. This was solved, more and more. So, actually, we have players for 200$ that plays at the same level than a player that costs 3'000$. The problem is the finish and the reliabilty, that stays a concern in today's contructions. If you want great finish and material, you will be forced to pay high prices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts