Repaired speakers as god as new one?

alsmi

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I have just bought a pair of BW685S2, and it turned out that one speaker is defect: the middle section (yellow part) does not work. The seller suggests to repair the speaker, because they don't have new ones in stock right now (i.e. long waiting time). My question is whether the repaired speaker would be as good as a new one? Or should I instead wait and get new ones? Have no idea how complicated the work is and whether it worsens the quality of the speaker.

Thank you very much!

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, the bass driver should be part LF26271; doesn't look very complicated either, just a bit of trim to remove and then you unscrew the whole thing from the front.

I do not know if your seller's after-sales service has already opened it but if you are looking at actually repairing the original driver, assessing the actual issue will be quite important to know if it can be done without affecting electroacoustic characteristics... it might just be some loose connectors.

alsmi

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the answers. The things is that my country is small and we don't have many BW distributors. So, I have an option to let them repair it or wait for about a month. Sounds like they want to change a whole piece inside it. I don't really care how complicated the work is - I just want a speaker that is as good as a new one. If the repair will make it worse, then I prefer to wait. That's why I am asking.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
alsmi said:
Thank you for the answers. The things is that my country is small and we don't have many BW distributors. So, I have an option to let them repair it or wait for about a month. Sounds like they want to change a whole piece inside it. I don't really care how complicated the work is - I just want a speaker that is as good as a new one. If the repair will make it worse, then I prefer to wait. That's why I am asking.

It is not a difficult process to swap the driver. If they use the same driver the speaker will be as good as new. I'd let them do it.

alsmi

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
jaxwired said:
alsmi said:

It is not a difficult process to swap the driver. If they use the same driver the speaker will be as good as new. I'd let them do it.

Great! Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts