Remote Control

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am suffering like many people from remote fatigue – I have to get up to get yet another remote control or find it where the kids have left it!!!!

I am looking for a remote to control my TV, DVD, Sky HD, Cinema sound, CD etc. I have looked at the Kameleon URC8308 and wanted recommendations/suggestions of others I should consider.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the tip. Looked on the web and they look good. Will call at my store and see what they are really like.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

The new Philips Pronto remotes might be worth a look.

Will What Hi Fi be doing a review on the Philips Pronto's in the near future?

Cheers,

Robert

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a Philips Pronto Pro which I have had for 5 years and could not recomend the brand highly enough and their newer units knock the socks off of my old one. They are easily programible and with a little web-surfing you can find loads of downloadible content to fully customise the units screen appearnce and ir codes for most hifi/av equipment, failing that you can teach the unit direct with your existing remote. Meaning only one remote and fully programible macro's meaning you can turn on your tv,dvd and amp all at the push of one button! It will even work your house hold lighting!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Here is a great website for all your Remote control needs! http://www.remotecentral.com/ there are loads of downloadible files for numerious remotes

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I'm using the Kameleon 8308 and have to say the blue lighting looks supercool. Only thing I would say is not so good is that it's rather wide, so if your hands are a little small, you'll find a little bit of trouble grasping it and reaching the buttons with your thumb.

Another alternative would be the Philips Prestigo SRU9600. Slightly longer but a fair bit slimmer, plus it also looks nice.

TRENDING THREADS