Remembering Big Chris

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much for providing this link GlacialPath, Chris was a top bloke, one of the most popular forum members for good reason.

What a sad, terrible loss.

RIP mate.

Joel

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Very well put, although not a regular I too will miss Big Chris, he was one of the sensible ones.

Saw the post last week and was very saddened but was unable to post, he had just replied to my last thread which made me even sadder.

Heart goes out to family and friends.

Big Chris RIP, you will be missed.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I’ve not been as much of a fixture around these parts lately, so have only just seen the tragic news of Chris’ death.

My wife raises an eyebrow when I participate in web fora (“scary webby nutters”). In many cases she’s entirely right but well-run places, like this one, weed-out/manage the majority of crazies that many other online discussion boards attract. WHF has a more “village” feel and those on here are generally a really nice bunch (within a margin for error!). That said, there are a few absolute gents (and, rarely, ladies!) that transcend even the “mostly nice” tag and who come across as absolutely, straight-down-the-line, honest-to-goodness top, top guys. Big Chris was one of those. From the picture I’ve seen he really was big, but he had a big heart too, and will be sorely missed.

As a young man, 40 seemed ancient – as a 36 year old, it’s fast approaching. Much too young; too young by half.

The unavoidably painful immediacy of an unexpected passing from an accident in the workplace is, arguably, worse than a death expected (where plans can be made to say goodbye (partially) on your own terms). I’m numbed by this, but can only imagine how that emotion is amplified for those that actually knew and loved Big Chris in the real world. My deepest sympathies are with his family.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts