rega upgrade

big ears

May 1, 2015
Visit site
[font="Times-Roman, Times New Roman, serif"][style="font-size: 19pt"]hi - as a new user I would welcome some advice. I have a rega planar 25 (the special anniversary edition) & I am thinking about having some substantial upgrades to it rather than buy one of the new rega's - like an rp8 (or possibly 10) - which are now pretty expensive. I love the sound of my deck (I have loads of vinyl) & understand that the motor could be replaced with a 24 volts one, along with the new power supply; obviously I cannot audition such mods beforehand but I gather that the improvements would be significant. I really favour keeping the 25 & building on it's merits if possible, especially as I gather that it will not be worth a great deal secondhand[/font][/style]

[font="Times-Roman, Times New Roman, serif"][style="font-size: 19pt"]any thoughts, please? along with any other suggestions for the 25 - such as arm mods?[/font][/style]

[font="Times-Roman, Times New Roman, serif"][style="font-size: 19pt"]thanks in advance[/font][/style]

Welcome indeed. The most cost-effective way to upgrade your turntable is to get a better cartridge. I would forget motors and the arm is pretty good as it is. To many people seem to think that spending hundreds or more on upgrading is the way to go when at some point it is cheaper to buy a new turntable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts