rega turntables

A

Anonymous

cheers - i don't know why i insist on calling it the planar 3 but i do mean the p3-24

A

Anonymous

thanks rick - i appreciate your time on that one

and mathew - i too am looking at getting a rp3 - its just the thoughts of a bargain suddenly cropped up in my head :)

dynamo127 said:
thanks rick - i appreciate your time on that one

and mathew - i too am looking at getting a rp3 - its just the thoughts of a bargain suddenly cropped up in my head :)

Hi dynamo127

Your welcome.

If your budget allows then go for the new RP3 as it is much better then the already impressive P3-24 :) Fwiw, the RP3 is even more impressive then the Rega Brio R and their DAC at the same price :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks again rick

i'm going to be matching the rp3 with the brio r - my account is going to take a hiding!!!

what speakers would you recommend with this set up? budget to £500 at a stretch.

dynamo127 said:
thanks again rick

i'm going to be matching the rp3 with the brio r - my account is going to take a hiding!!!

what speakers would you recommend with this set up? budget to £500 at a stretch.

Hi dynamo127

Your welcome.

Nice one :grin:

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Fwiw, in the meantime Monitor Audio's Silver RX1's are worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to? wide range from loud, punchy guitar to ambient

The size of your room? 4m x 5m

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished? carpetted but not heavily furnished

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)? sides of speakers close to walls (can't do anything else!)

Distance between the speakers? approx 3m

Listening distance? approx 3m (yep I got the triangle!)

Your general listening level? Im in a flat, so I try to get a decent volume without disrespecting the neighbours (so not banging loud)

i'm looking for ideas for speakers to demo... once again, thanks for your time rick :)

dynamo127 said:
What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to? wide range from loud, punchy guitar to ambient

The size of your room? 4m x 5m

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished? carpetted but not heavily furnished

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)? sides of speakers close to walls (can't do anything else!)

Distance between the speakers? approx 3m

Listening distance? approx 3m (yep I got the triangle!)

Your general listening level? Im in a flat, so I try to get a decent volume without disrespecting the neighbours (so not banging loud)

i'm looking for ideas for speakers to demo... once again, thanks for your time rick :)

Hi dynamo127

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

I'll recommend that you considers speakers such as the Rega RS1's, Monitor Audio Silver RX1's and Dynaudio's DM 2/6's.

Btw, will you also be needing speaker cables?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

interesting rick as it was the dynaudios 2/6 i wanted to hear

what cable do you recommend for this sort of system? - i thought QED silver anninversary or Chord carnival silver

i'm also now pondering a demo of the leema pulse (half price) - i'm sure it is a fantastic amp but as a vinyl only listener - is the phono stage as good as the regas?

dynamo127 said:
interesting rick as it was the dynaudios 2/6 i wanted to hear

what cable do you recommend for this sort of system? - i thought QED silver anninversary or Chord carnival silver

i'm also now pondering a demo of the leema pulse (half price) - i'm sure it is a fantastic amp but as a vinyl only listener - is the phono stage as good as the regas?

Hi dynamo127

DM 2/6's are excellent speakers and also work well with the Brio R :)

Speaker cables which i'll highly recommend are standard 79 - 500 OFC. These cables cost very little and will be more than good enough for the the Brio R and DM 2/6's, Silver RX1's etc.

Btw, i'vre not heard the Phono stage of the Pulse amplifier however the phono stage in the Brio R compliments the RP3 very nicely indeed :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

cheers rick, plastic penguin (on other thread) and others who contributed

it's been really interesting to gauge your opinions on different elements of hifi systems. i am going to make a purchase this week (after further demos) and will let you know the results

A

Anonymous

i'd already noticed that deal - think i'm going to blow out and get a rp3 anyway

thanks anyway chebby

VinylRush

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't dismiss a p3 24 if money is tight. I picked up a p3 24 in a lovely colour with a ttpsu plus a new Goldring 2500 mm cart for a few quid more than a bare RP3. Deals are there if you shop around on the bay and in private classifieds. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts