rega saturn vs audiolab 8200cd player advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Which cd player out the rega saturn and audiolab 8200cd will provide me with a transparent, neutral, detailed clear sound with deep tight bass and extended open airy treble?

I don't want a warm fuzzy soft sound just as close to the cd recording as possible.

Also, which one of these players has the best build quality/reliablility?

thanks.

Hi usman and welcome...

Not heard the Rega, but from posters on here they rate the Saturn very highly. Only heard the Audiolab briefly earlier this year and is fantastic, but IMHO, after hearing other price compatible CDPs at the same time, it is dependant on the right amp and speakers.

With the right amp, speakers and room acoustics, nothing will better the Audiolab. Should you have the wrong amp, speakers and a reflective room it could have distinct fatiguing tilt.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable information. I have been a member of Avforums for many years but couldn't get any advice from any of the members :?

I may post here from now for hi-fi matters. :)

usman247 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the valuable information. I have been a member of Avforums for many years but couldn't get any advice from any of the members :?

I may post here from now for hi-fi matters. :)

No problem - nice to hear about a convert to 'The Towers'...
smiley-smile.gif

If you could let us know the amp and speakers (style of music, room acoustics etc etc) you intend using with the aforementioned CDPs, then we'll be able to advise on alternatives.

A

Anonymous

I have a marantz cd6000ki cd player/marantz pm7001 ki sig amp/tannoy dc-1 on atacama se24's/atacama equinox rack/Van den hul 102 mk3 ic's/kimber 8vs speaker cable/Russ Andrews power block/The Missing Link orbit/opus powercables/4 GIK acoustics 244 bass traps behind and around the system.

I have actually tested my Marantz cd6000ki in my cousin's £24,000 Meridian/Naim system and it still sounded excellent without any sign of harshness.

I am only buying a new cd player as I have been asked to choose goods up to the value of an item I returned faulty [denon bdp-4010] to the retailer and was having difficulty getting a refund. £800-900 budget remaining and not much choice.

I may sell the new player on if I am not 100% convinced it really out does my KI sig. in an obvious way.

musical styles: Mariah Carey/Pop/ to Megadeth/Metallica/Whitesnake etc. Anything really.

It's a tricky one: The Marantz sound is fairly smooth in the midrange, so given your expectations I'm not sure either the Audiolab or Rega will be a significant enough upgrade.

If budget allows you'll probably need to spend in the region of a Roksan Caspian, but the only way of knowing is to audition a few different makes.

I have Arcam 73T and recently I heard it in a dealers alongside Naim HDX streamer (£5ks worth) and the Olive 3HD. Although both were a improvement neither, to my ears, had the "wow" factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts