admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well this is going to be a real noob question!

I bought myself an Rega RP3 with the elys 2 cartridge and Rb303 tonearm.

Along with the thick glass platter, there was also a black felt platter like thing.

My question is, when playing records, do I use only the glass platter or do I use the glass platter AND this black felt thingy? if yes, do I place the felt thingy on Top of the glass?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

hi and thanks a bunch!

I have now added the black felt to the top of the glass platter ( and underneath the lp). May I ask what sonic benefits the felt is supposed to bring? I get the feeling the other side of the lp picks up fluff from the felt thing.

A

Anonymous

The felt mat sits on top of the glass platter. It protects the record underside and has a beneficial effect on vinyl resonances (unwanted vibrations) caused when the stylus is playing the groove.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It woin't have done any harm to use without the mat on, and others have explained it's intended function. The interesting question though is whether you actually noticed any sound differences between using without the mat and with?

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It woin't have done any harm to use without the mat on, and others have explained it's intended function. The interesting question though is whether you actually noticed any sound differences between using without the mat and with?

TRENDING THREADS