Rega RP3 with Elys 2 or Ortofon 2M Red/Blue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
matthewpiano said:
Many thanks Steve. They do seem well suited to me! Will let you know how things go.

Matthew - try and listen to Ruark Sabre IIIs. Like the Regas, although rear ported, they are unfussy when it comes to position. I know they are a few years old now, but still IMO up there with the very best in the sub-£1000 bracket.

they sound interesting!

Yes they are fabulous, but don't appreciate bright amps like Cyrus or even Leema - the treble could be provoked a little. I've heard them a couple of times over the years on Arcam and Roksan K2 and they are some speaker, so with Rega and Nad they should work a treat. The only real drawback is they aren't as readily available as some makes

*EDIT* Just seen these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-Minty-Ruark-Sabre-III-loudspeakers-Yew-veneer-Bi-wire-really-lovely-/281064860441?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item4170c56b19

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Skip the 2M Red, the Blue is so much better. As for Elys2. I find it a very boring listen. Very closed sound, with no highs. Love Ortofons open sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts