Question Rega RP1 Upgrade

Ally Corbett

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi. Starting from a pretty low level of understanding so looking for some advice. I have an RP1 that came as a bonus with my wife. The amp and speakers that were originally with it were knackered and have been replaced by an Audiolab 6000A and Mission LX-2s. My question is, is it worth upgrading to an RP3 or would my other components, particularly the speakers, let the side down? The RP1 has an Ortofon 10 so would it be better/more cost effective to upgrade the stylus? Thanks

Ally Corbett

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
In my opinion upgrading to the RP3 is one way you could go but the RP1 isn't bad and you're going to get quite an upgrade simply be changing the cartridge on that, or indeed the stylus as you say.
Thanks for that. The easiest and non-technical option for me would be to slot in a Ortofon 20 or 30 but if I was to look at changing cartridge are there two or three that you could suggest I look at? Thanks

Thanks for that. The easiest and non-technical option for me would be to slot in a Ortofon 20 or 30 but if I was to look at changing cartridge are there two or three that you could suggest I look at? Thanks
Depends on how handy you are setting up turntables, or you could have a dealer do it for you, as any other cartridge change is going to involve adjusting the height of the tonearm.

TRENDING THREADS