Rega Planar 3 + RB300 + AT 440MLa

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
After advise on fitting the AT440Mla cartridge to an RB300 arm on a Planar 3.......

Are spacers required to lift the tonearm or can the cartridge be fitted as standard without any mods required??

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Not a clue Jason. However give your Elys a measure up and compare it to the AT. Their specs are available on tinterweb but Rega are as ever a bit cloak and dagger in regs to their carts.

No luck on the vinyl engine i guess
emotion-5.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Chebby. Am i going insane or is your post,how shall we say,a tad tongue in cheek ?. Lol.

Because i can find zip in reference to the carts size.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid:Chebby. Am i going insane or is your post,how shall we say,a tad tongue in cheek ?. Lol.
Because i can find zip in reference to the carts size.

Exactly.

It was a challenge to gregory to find the details he claims are on Rega's website.

(I was the one going insane reading that webpage about 20 times. I even brought it up in a different browser, just in case!)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Phew i can put the meds away then. I thought for a second i was missing something but had an inkling where you were coming from,but i had to clarify. Ta mate.
emotion-2.gif

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
I stand corrected, all the specs are there apart from the height, if it's any help 14mm, i suppose your going to ask how i know now.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to the OP, a 2mm spacer should be ok but i wouldn't bother, i never did with any cartridge i had with a Rega, i know Chebby used an Ortofon 2m red with his [go check if you dont believe me] but the 2m may be close to Regas own height of cartridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts