Rega Planar 1 Plus

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Just received a brand new RP1 Plus today. When I opened the box it didn't contain a manual and assume it must be in a download format. The other thing is, there is no platter mat to sit on the platter. Should these be included?

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi
BOX SHOULD CONTAIN FELT MAT AND A INSTRUCTION BOOK,WAS THE BOX sealed with large stapes
Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, the box had 2 staples on the side of the box I opened. It all looked sealed. The player itself was all sealed inside a bag which I had to tear at the seem. Everything is in good shape but I'm just missing those 2 items.

Glad you got your TT Frosty.
There's an unboxing video on YT that shows an instruction manual (as I would have expected).
No separate mat was evident.
I was just about to post the link to the unboxing video on YouTube.
It was noted that slip mats of various colours are available from Rega as an optional extra.
There was certainly an instruction leaflet / manual

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Glad you got your TT Frosty.
There's an unboxing video on YT that shows an instruction manual (as I would have expected).
No separate mat was evident.
Hello Gray. The turntable arrived this morning. The top of the platter looks pretty rough but doesn't feel it and I'm just a bit weary of putting records straight on it. Should I get a mat or does it even need one? I tried to return it this morning but the QR code didn't work. Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep the item which is a bonus

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello Gray. The turntable arrived this morning. The top of the platter looks pretty rough but doesn't feel it and I'm just a bit weary of putting records straight on it. Should I get a mat or does it even need one? I tried to return it this morning but the QR code didn't work. Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep the item which is a bonus
I've just seen a video of the unboxing and the mat was already placed on the platter when he assembled the player. I'll need to buy one

Gray

Amazon told you to keep it? Wow!
My Rega days were long before the P1+ (and in the amp dept.) so I can't say what it should be like.
But my guess is that it doesn't need an additional mat - although you could of course get one if you really wanted to.
Good luck to you Frosty......you're glad the instructions were missing now (y)
Enjoy it.

Reactions: Al ears
Amazon being amazing there, you could use some of the refund to buy a mat.
Which unboxing video did you watch?
On the one I saw you didn't see a mat either separate or on the platter.
Only wonder because if it was designed to be used without one and then you later add one the VTA is going to be way out.

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Yes we've seen that, for him, the mat was pre-fitted. You suspect your mat was actually missing though?
Gray, I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm not sure if you seen the pictures I replied with to another response from another member. Here is how my platter was when taken from the plastic sealed bag

Attachments

• IMG-7592.jpg
    IMG-7592.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 4

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Amazon being amazing there, you could use some of the refund to buy a mat.
Which unboxing video did you watch?
On the one I saw you didn't see a mat either separate or on the platter.
Only wonder because if it was designed to be used without one and then you later add one the VTA is going to be way out.
Here is the link to the video I watched
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsOH8deRE8Q

Gray

Here are 2 pictures of the contents received and the platter View attachment 1500View attachment 1500
In one of your pictures it looks like you've got the black mat.
In the other, it seems like it's missing o_O

Unless you split the polystyrene and squashed that cardboard box, looks like it may have been previously opened by someone.
You say it was sealed - but I'd say, not by the factory - can't imagine them sending it out incomplete. Could have been an Amazon return???
Who knows?
Either way it's still been a good day for you.

Unless you split the polystyrene and squashed that cardboard box, looks like it may have been previously opened by someone.
You say it was sealed - but I'd say, not by the factory - can't imagine them sending it out incomplete. Could have been an Amazon return???
Who knows?
That power supply box certainly looks like it's been opened before and the counterweight should have been in the polystyrene slot, however, who cares basically a free turntable bar the mat. Enjoy!
Lucky b'stard.!

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site

Who knows?
Evening Gray, I opened the power adaptor box and had the weight out. I split the polystyrene when I pulled it out the 2nd time to have another look for the mat. I opened the turntable from the sealed side but the other side did look as though it was crumpled up and maybe stuck. Everything is perfect apart from the missing platter and manual. I've checked for scratches on everything and it's clean. I don't move in to my place till next week but I'll test it tomorrow. I can't imagine them sending it out incomplete either that's why I was sending it back but I'll keep it now if they're giving me a refund at Amazon. Enjoy the rest of your night. Thanks again for your replies

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts